Any north AR / south MO must-sees? - Page 3 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 Old 10-22-2019, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for your great responses!! I really do appreciate it

As fate would have it, it looks now like the whole state may get soaked for most of the weekend (Sat in particular)

I don't mind riding in the rain AT ALL, but the purpose of the ride this time was primarily for leaf-peeping and fresh experiences. Rain, rain, rain is not conducive to an optimal fall-foliage experience.

We'll see ...

Dan

BionicDan
#1029 Red GT
Life's too short for traffic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 10-23-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Luv View Post
Wife and I were just there in Eureka Springs for the weekend last month sometime. In addition to the Filling Station, we enjoyed breakfast at Nibbles Eatery and the Mud Street Cafe. Filling Station is all american cafe. Good stuff. The other two have a little twist or two and had more caffeine options if you like more than drip brew.

I think someone on this forum ought to plan a weekend event down that way!
I definitely want to go back to Eureka. Thereís a nice cafe in Rodgers called the Iron Horse Cafe that serves good espresso. Reason enough for me to take the ride from Eureka. Right next to the Iron Horse is pizzaria called The Rail a Pizza Company. Very long name for a restaurant but it does have decent pizza.

There are tons of places to explore in and around Eureka Springs. The roads in that area is like bikers paradise. I love the Ozarks.
J-Luv likes this.
post #23 of 23 Old 10-25-2019, 05:20 PM

We rode the pig trail (AR 23) south all the way to I40. Road has been recently repaved. There was still road working happening just south of Turner Bend. The were laying down new black top, it was about a half mile of follow the flag truck. Other than that, the road is top notch.
Brian_Kirner likes this.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page