BMW K1600 Forum banner

A shout out to Simeon for parts!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dobervol 
#1 ·
Hey! I can post! Thank you.
Pretty new to the big K bike, and the forum. And I got to give a thumbs up to Simeon of Genuine BMW parts, at info@beemerparts.com. He is absolutely the best for buying parts, and goes the extra mile to get it done. I started with the top case for my bike. Sent him my spare key so everything worked as it should, and he took care of everything, getting it back to me in quick turnaround time, and checking in to make sure I was happy.
Then, I needed his service again, and this time, it was not a fun request. Riding a curvy road up in Northern California, which suddenly got very bumpy. Bike handled it fine, but unfortunately, when I took a break , I got off the bike, and to my horror, the left side case was gone. Disappeared. Somewhere back over the last 50 miles. Well, my buddy and I rode that stretch a couple times, but it was nowhere to be found. So I called Simeon right away to get his help. Next surprise is, while the pannier itself readily available, not so with the painted covers. In fact, I’m not even sure BMW supplies them painted anymore. But Simeon tracked them down, and looks like I’m taking delivery any day now. Of course they are not cheap.
Good lesson learned. Check and double check those cases are well secured before hitting a bumpy stretch. If you lose one, they are expensive and hard to find an exact match.
Simeon went the extra mile to find the painted covers. I’ve never met him, but hope to buy him a beer some day when I do.

See less See more
#2 ·
Fair to assume you've learned a lesson about checking the pannier attachment before riding off? >:)

Hey, I feel your pain. A couple of years ago, I trashed my right pannier skin (the painted portion) because I rode off with it open. For 10ish miles, I heard a scraping noise in the turns that, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I felt like a total dumb@ss when I finally stopped and checked things out, of course.

#4 ·
Pretty new to the big K bike, and the forum. And I got to give a thumbs up to Simeon of Genuine BMW parts, at info@beemerparts.com. He is absolutely the best for buying parts, and goes the extra mile to get it done. I started with the top case for my bike. Sent him my spare key so everything worked as it should, and he took care of everything, getting it back to me in quick turnaround time, and checking in to make sure I was happy.
Then, I needed his service again, and this time, it was not a fun request. Riding a curvy road up in Northern California, which suddenly got very bumpy. Bike handled it fine, but unfortunately, when I took a break , I got off the bike, and to my horror, the left side case was gone. Disappeared. Somewhere back over the last 50 miles. Well, my buddy and I rode that stretch a couple times, but it was nowhere to be found. So I called Simeon right away to get his help. Next surprise is, while the pannier itself readily available, not so with the painted covers. In fact, I’m not even sure BMW supplies them painted anymore. But Simeon tracked them down, and looks like I’m taking delivery any day now. Of course they are not cheap.
Good lesson learned. Check and double check those cases are well secured before hitting a bumpy stretch. If you lose one, they are expensive and hard to find an exact match.
Simeon went the extra mile to find the painted covers. I’ve never met him, but hope to buy him a beer some day when I do.

Great story, thanks for sharing for the learning portion. We have all been there in one way, shape or form at some time in the many years of riding. In the past year or so I have found it so beneficial prior to any ride to consciously slow down my thought process as I gear up in the house, on the driveway, check the bike functions, etc. There is always something to learn with the awesome recreation we choose.

#5 ·

Got my Blue Planet Option 719 color-matched top case with saddle brown color-matched pad for my GT (pics in my garage) from Simeon, along with a pre-installed light bar and flasher for the light bar. VERY happy with Simeon.

My wife just uses the big BMW rack bag with her bike, but even she admitted I got a GREAT deal, and her biggest BMW dislike is how expensive a color-matched, fully featured topcase is when dealer-bought.

You won't get better service or pricing anywhere on a real BMW product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.