Most Useless, Polluted Thread of All Time - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
View Poll Results: What is the most useless thread of all time?
Transmission Recall Thread 13 52.00%
Other 12 48.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

91Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 Old 12-12-2019, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Most Useless, Polluted Thread of All Time

Chaarrrist! What a bunch of crap. So bad I had to unsubscribe. WTF is wrong with people? Is it too much to ask to stay TF on topic? Would be nice if a critical issue like a transmission recall would not be polluted with garbage and would actually contain concise, accurate information about the recall, instead of every ignorant jacka$$ posting some garbage.

Too much to ask of this community, I guess. My level of respect for my fellow K1600 riders has declined. Disappointing.

Rant finished. Out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old 12-12-2019, 02:18 PM

Garage
This one. You need to add a click button. Just sayin'
DanDiver, Mole999 and TPadden like this.

2018 BMW K1600 GT
2018 BMW K1600 GTL (sold)

2014 BMW K1600 GTL (sold)
2005-2014 5 HD ElectraGlides (sold)
2003 HD Softail (sold)
1973-1982 various jalopies (gone)

'You know that the world is going to h€ll if they have to print instructions on a bag of toothpicks'
After Douglas Adams RIP
post #3 of 53 Old 12-12-2019, 02:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phat6 View Post
Chaarrrist! What a bunch of crap...Would be nice if a critical issue like a transmission recall would not be polluted with garbage and would actually contain concise, accurate information about the recall, instead of every ignorant jacka$$ posting some garbage.
As BMW has already responded: Remedy Unavailable!

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 Old 12-12-2019, 02:39 PM

Try not to take things so seriously... or personally. It's just a thread on a motorcycle forum. Sometimes, it might seem that some folks have their ego chained to the handlebar of their motorcycle... and take criticism(s) directly at the machine as though it were directly at them personally.

Then again, maybe it's just cabin fever for you northerners. In that case, if it makes all y'all feel any better, it'll supposedly be 80F here Sunday, and I'll be sure to take a moment to think of my fellow K16 forum brethrens before I click it into 1st gear.
DanDiver, Optimus, dhendy and 8 others like this.
post #5 of 53 Old 12-12-2019, 03:17 PM

No.. I get his point. I click on the transmission thread periodically to see if there are any updates and all I read is unrelated crap. If we could keep the thread and other threads clean it would be a lot better for people who need the information the thread has. I don't want to click on a muffler thread only to find out who has the best bar B que. (I'm also guilty)
That being said perhaps we need a "just my thoughts" thread.

Rick
2012 K1600GT (smashed)
2015 K1600GT (went over a cliff)
2018 R1200GS

Last edited by Rick92040; 12-12-2019 at 03:24 PM.
post #6 of 53 Old 12-12-2019, 03:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick92040 View Post
No.. I get his point. I click on the transmission thread periodically to see if there are any updates and all I read is unrelated crap.
My God man, the related crap could dance on the head of a pin. When there is only silence in a room either everyone falls asleep, leaves the room, or tries to find some way to entertain themselves.

If you are not entertained it's easy to leave the room and check back later.

Tom
post #7 of 53 Old 12-12-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPadden View Post
My God man, the related crap could dance on the head of a pin. When there is only silence in a room either everyone falls asleep, leaves the room, or tries to find some way to entertain themselves.

If you are not entertained it's easy to leave the room and check back later.

Tom
That's my point. When I check back I see nothing about the subject. Sometimes I have to go back several pages.
Gunnert and Geoff_3 like this.

Rick
2012 K1600GT (smashed)
2015 K1600GT (went over a cliff)
2018 R1200GS
post #8 of 53 Old 12-12-2019, 03:44 PM

Here’s my understanding and suggestion.
There was a problem that BMW disclosed. There was a solution that BMW found. BMW is in the process of fixing the problem. When completed, there will no longer be a problem.
Except for lost riding time, no one has been, or will be, damaged except for BMW, who will bear the cost of fixing the problem and lost subsequent sales of K1600s.
I got this early on. I haven’t clicked on the transmission recall thread because I couldn’t imagine that there would be any useful or entertaining info on it that I didn’t already know. Apparently, I was right.
I have wondered how there could possibly have been posts of value in the numbers that are indicated for the thread on the “active topics” page. I now gather from this thread, that the number of posts on the tread is correct, but many posts are off topic or devoid of valuable information to most readers.
I suggest that, rather than being upset at the posts, one just not click on the thread.
post #9 of 53 Old 12-12-2019, 03:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick92040 View Post
That's my point. When I check back I see nothing about the subject. Sometimes I have to go back several pages.
We agree; I can go all the way back to the first page and still learn nothing new; bottom line is: Remedy Unavailable. .

Kibitzing is an artform; asking kibitzers to stop only encourages us to continue.

Tom
Scott Titensor and Geoff_3 like this.

Last edited by TPadden; 12-12-2019 at 03:49 PM.
post #10 of 53 Old 12-12-2019, 03:49 PM

Garage
As this a poll and not a transmission thread.

How many riders parked their bike as soon as they knew that they had a bike that could be effected, who on the previous day was happily flying around without a care for the wildlife.

Its not like riding the shuttle with defective o-rings

Or is this hijacking another thread, in which case feel free to block me and my ramblings
Chris H likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page