Clearwater Betsy, Darlas, and air horn installed - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By Direwlf
  • 1 Post By tjablons
  • 1 Post By Direwlf
  • 1 Post By tjablons
  • 1 Post By xsnake

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-23-2018, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Clearwater Betsy, Darlas, and air horn installed

Finally picked my bike up today. I had two sets of Darlas installed and the Clearwater Betsy, with the Billy brake light. When the tech had it apart, I had him do the Denali air horn as well and run my trigger wire for my Neutrino I installed.

The interesting thing with the Billy brake light is you get a handle bar mounted red LED that illuminates to tell you what the brake light is doing. It illuminates always for the running light part, and when you hit the brake it gets bright. I never knew that even came with the kit!

Sure I could have done a hack job and probably never had it right, so I let the BMW tech do the rest that I didn't finish. This guy is good. Very meticulous work, with no scratches anywhere. Clean wiring jobs!

The Clearwater Betsy set up allows the front turns to run continuous for more visibility. It plugs in and is Can Bus friendly as well.

Both sets of Darlas are separately controllable through the turn switch and wonder wheel. I got the new harness from Clearwater that allows this full control when running two sets of Darlas. Just like on the bigger lights they sell. Nice thing is when I hit the factory fog switch, nothing happens. No codes are thrown when I do this.

When installing the Denali horn, I asked if he could leave my factory horns on as well. He did leave one of the two factory horns on with the installation of the Denali air horn. He had enough room to do it that way. It is all out loud! He also said he went into the programming and did something so no horn codes will show up when using the horn. I tried it several times and its works as he said it would. I am very happy!

Sorry for the sideways photos, still haven't figured this bug out. No matter how I load the pictures they are always turned the wrong way. More perplexing than the bike at the moment!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tmjLI4kETAKP8jUzgMzboQ.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	118690   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_26b.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	118692  
Jonnybow likes this.

Last edited by Direwlf; 05-23-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-23-2018, 06:36 PM

Garage
Could you post a pic of your Neutrino please? Curious to see where they installed it.
Direwlf likes this.

TJ
2016 K1600 GT SE
post #3 of 7 Old 05-23-2018, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjablons View Post
Could you post a pic of your Neutrino please? Curious to see where they installed it.

I actually ran the Neutrino myself all the wiring, mount, etc. Except the yellow trip wire. I didn't want to cut in on a wrong wire and I didn't feel like taking the tail light apart to find the correct wire to use. I let him run that one.

I put it on a RCU plate and used velcro. In the one picture where my finger is pointing. I took the left canoe off and ran the temperature probe down underneath and toward the front of the bike. Fastening it with zip ties!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	9Qxa5171SWuP9Q8bVMAVwQ.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	118696   Click image for larger version

Name:	wTsaRpu3QUi0392%MuE9bg.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	118698  
Jonnybow likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-24-2018, 03:17 PM

Garage
Thanks for the pics. I had an RCU plate on mine too, but had to take it off when I installed a 1-pc Russell Day Long. The release mechanism for the 1-pc seats goes on the bosses where the RCU would be screwed down.

Have to do a re-install to get all my gizmos to fit - Neutrino, Clearwater CANopener, Motochello and Sena SM10.
Direwlf likes this.

TJ
2016 K1600 GT SE
post #5 of 7 Old 05-24-2018, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjablons View Post
Thanks for the pics. I had an RCU plate on mine too, but had to take it off when I installed a 1-pc Russell Day Long. The release mechanism for the 1-pc seats goes on the bosses where the RCU would be screwed down.

Have to do a re-install to get all my gizmos to fit - Neutrino, Clearwater CANopener, Motochello and Sena SM10.
No problem! I had the same dilemma. Stick with the one piece seat and figure out where to put the stuff. Or get a different set up. I I didn't like the one piece factory low seat. I went with a Sargent seat. I like it so far. IF things get bad, I will get a RDL and deal with any issues later.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-29-2018, 09:53 AM

Garage
Could you post a photo of where the Billie indicator light was installed?

Laz
Direwlf likes this.

XS
2014 K1600GTL
05 VTX 1300R
82 Virago 920, 83 Seca 400, 73 Suzuki GT 250
post #7 of 7 Old 06-01-2018, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnake View Post
Could you post a photo of where the Billie indicator light was installed?

Laz
No problem!

Here you go!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4334.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	119226   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4335.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	119228  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page