I had the same problem. Yes, I still occasionally kill it at a light when in Dynamic mode! Dang it BMW! So, I pull in the clutch and pray it starts. Nope! Lean right, hunt for neutral, listen to horns honking, hit start, punch it into 1st and try again. Embarrassing.
The issue with mine were the 'cheap' microswitches for clutch engagement detection, used by BMW. I went to buy a new set of switches online, they wanted over $70. So I began to look around. Meanwhile I unscrewed the switch, shot some electrical cleaner down into the switch and it worked for a while, until they didn't again. Typical of these cheap switches. But then I got to thinking, I should stop being so cheap. So, a few weeks later I went back to look at a new switch set online and it had gone up to over $100. HECK NO! I'm cheap, I should just own it.
Anyway, I eventually found the switches that BMW used. They are DC2C-A1LC Waterproof Subminiature Limit Switch 3Pin SPDT 10A 250V. About a buck each from China. BMW has glued two of them together side to side facing opposite direction. I bought 10.
There was a little involved in making this work. I cemented two switches together to mimic BMW's configuration.
I snipped the wires on the original. That's the original below marked 1214. The original has a box where the wires connect to the pins filled with some sort of adhesive. I continue to look for a cover for mine, but these switches are supposedly waterproof, so it is mainly for aesthetics. I determined which wire goes to which pin, by measuring continuity to each wire on the original switch (Black and Blue to 1 & 2 on top and Green and White to 1 & 3 on bottom). Then I trimmed the plunger triggers on the new switches since they were just about a quarter of an inch too long. Crimped on some electrical connectors that fit the pins of the switches.
Then plugged the wires into into my constructed switch array. Works just fine, for about $2. So, the answer for me was replace BMW's cheap limit switches.