Equifax Data Breach Claims Info - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 09-11-2019, 06:50 AM

Garage
The truth comes out.......Got an email yesterday asking for proof that I have credit monitoring. You have to send them proof that you have credit monitoring or you get nothing. You can also edit your claim and ask for credit monitoring and opt out of the cash settlement.
This means to me that they are out of money.
dobervol likes this.

A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood. George S. Patton
2014 K16GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 09-11-2019, 07:03 AM

I have had the free credit monitoring, since the Target breach. That said, I changed from the $125, to the minimum 4 year, 3 bureau monitoring. As stated before, with so many people affected by this, the likelihood of getting $125, is probably gonna be slim .
Jonnybow likes this.
post #13 of 18 Old 09-11-2019, 07:30 AM

Garage
I think I might also change to free credit monitoring. I have it already but one I pay for and the other is about to expire in a few months.
Might as well get 4 more years free, better than getting a check for $2.25

A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood. George S. Patton
2014 K16GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 Old 09-11-2019, 10:20 AM

Garage
It's really perverted that we are collectively exposed to results of these breaches for the remainder of our lives, but the companies responsible for the security breach are limited in their exposure. Whatever "private" information about me that was exposed is floating around on the dark web for eternity.
So glad that I took the effort to lock up all three major credit agencies for my family, and one of them caused the breach. Ironic.
Jonnybow and Ron Coleman like this.

Clay
2012 GTL
2003 LT
2001 Harley T-Sport
2001 Harley T-Sport (crashed @ Tortilla Flats)
post #15 of 18 Old 09-11-2019, 04:19 PM

Garage
Wasting your time there is no money left other then pennies but the lawyers got paid. Not us the ones who actually were breached.
Companies get away with robbery especially ones with lobbyist they make an appearance before congress yet nothing happens.

What really makes it interesting for me is that I requested to have my Credit turned off in 2017 from all three Bureaus even had to Pay 1 of them and I still was breached.

Usually I type these comments and then delete them why do we even have these credit companies.

Ian

Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.
post #16 of 18 Old 09-11-2019, 04:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnybow View Post
I read today that the amount Equifax has is 31 million for the settlement. That means the more people file for the $125, the less and less each person will get. If each person who is eligible for the $125 files for it, we will all be getting a check for $0.16
Yep. The key phrase there was "UP TO" the $125 amount.

Still, only having been out about 3.5 hrs. total time to deal with the two cards I've already had compromised (so far), I didn't want to go back and fool with listing specifics just for the hourly claim, even though I didn't have to have documentation.

Joey

2019 K1600GT Option 719 Blue Planet Metallic, Brown Seat, Forged Wheels
2006 K1200S
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
post #17 of 18 Old 09-11-2019, 04:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnybow View Post
The truth comes out.......Got an email yesterday asking for proof that I have credit monitoring. You have to send them proof that you have credit monitoring or you get nothing. You can also edit your claim and ask for credit monitoring and opt out of the cash settlement.
This means to me that they are out of money.
What passes for proof or a receipt? Mine is just auto-deducted from my bank account each month. I can send them a video of me logging on, or a series of screen shots, but I don't know if I can get a "receipt" as such from my service, which is experian.
Jonnybow likes this.

Joey

2019 K1600GT Option 719 Blue Planet Metallic, Brown Seat, Forged Wheels
2006 K1200S
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
post #18 of 18 Old 09-11-2019, 08:59 PM

Ron - Thank you for the address for this claim deal. I completed them for us tonight as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page