Hotel/Motel Recommendations Valley Forge, PA and New Brunswick, NJ - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 08-13-2019, 06:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzman View Post
Pa is a great state for roads although I've only done them in a car, but I've done many. Just be prepared for the Deer !! Seems to be the one state I've always either seen them running near the interstate or completely dead on the interstate. There are many in the keystone state!
Last year we had planned out this little road, found out it was closed (surprise, no warning) and had to detour. We get a mile in and there is a deer crossing sign, with a dead deer directly across from it in the middle of the road, 400 yards later around a few bends and the road is covered in deer, live ones this time, it was like driving through sheep. PA roads are amazing, 5 days of riding, and saw maybe 100 cars the whole time the bulk of those were around the little towns there would be stretches were we would not see a car for an hour or more.
WillH likes this.

2012 BMW K1600GTL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 08-13-2019, 07:32 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Looks like my trip is finally going to happen in early to mid September.

Anybody have any experience with these roads - tips, suggestions, alternate routes, stops, etc.?

Trying to find the best curvys and also avoid interstates, cities, dirt/gravel roads, etc..

Thanks.
We are also doing a mid-sept ride in PA, coming down from Ontario, and staying in wellsboro or Mansfield. I will PM you our furkot maps. We get closed to you on your return trip I think it is where we go up from bloomsberg (buddy wants to stop at bills bike barn) and then up through rickets glenn and worlds end state parks. Just to the west of your routes is some of the best riding in PA. The 144/44/414 are all great, especially the 144 to kettle creek rd, to 144 north up through old bull state park (oleona). I like that route north to south as it builds up from scenery to twisties but it works in both directions.
Jonnybow and WillH like this.

2012 BMW K1600GTL
post #13 of 16 Old 08-13-2019, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

We have a lot of deer here in the SE too. Even in heavily populated metro Atlanta on major thoroughfares.

Texting cagers are more plentiful and dangerous though.

Current Bike: '18 K1600B

Most recent former bikes:
'14 R1200RT
'13 F800GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 Old 08-13-2019, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzman View Post
Just be prepared for the Deer !! Seems to be the one state I've always either seen them running near the interstate or completely dead on the interstate. There are many in the keystone state!
Might have to watch "The Deer Hunter" again before I leave. Or, at least the first and last parts.
J-Luv likes this.

'14 R1200RT
'13 F800GT
post #15 of 16 Old 08-13-2019, 03:48 PM

Garage
I am from Central Jersey and do have to agree with the others. NJ roads are crowded especially in rush hours, morning and evening commuters. Also, lots of roads are not in good shapes. NJ TPK and Parkway are great. New Brunswick can be challenged staying overnight when the bike is in a hotel's parking lot. I do not know of any motels for bikers. PA roads are wonderful to ride and lean on traffic. RT. 17 is wonderful for a bike. Also, stay away from the NJ shores on the weekend. 100% crazy !!!! Another note: most indoor garages do not take motorcycles and do not park on the same spot with another car in a paid parking spots. Best routes for bikes are in North West Jersey like Mount Vernon. Happy riding !!!
WillH likes this.
post #16 of 16 Old 08-13-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpetel1965 View Post
I am from Central Jersey and do have to agree with the others. NJ roads are crowded especially in rush hours, morning and evening commuters. Also, lots of roads are not in good shapes. NJ TPK and Parkway are great. New Brunswick can be challenged staying overnight when the bike is in a hotel's parking lot. I do not know of any motels for bikers. PA roads are wonderful to ride and lean on traffic. RT. 17 is wonderful for a bike. Also, stay away from the NJ shores on the weekend. 100% crazy !!!! Another note: most indoor garages do not take motorcycles and do not park on the same spot with another car in a paid parking spots. Best routes for bikes are in North West Jersey like Mount Vernon. Happy riding !!!
Thanks. I am probably going to ride from Montgomeryville (PA) to New Brunswick via backroads and most likely it will be on a Saturday so I will avoid the commuter traffic and school buses.

'14 R1200RT
'13 F800GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page