2019 - October Ride - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 09-24-2019, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2019 - October Ride

While I had a great time during September in England and North Wales with Kathy, KBiK was at the dealers where a new front wheel, axle and bearings were installed along with new front brake rotors and pads. Finished off with a 6K service and two new tires, we are ready to ride again!

I am now preparing for my October Ride.

Next week I'll ride up to Clayton State Park in Oklahoma for the OkieSTOC event. The next week I'll ride west to Birmingham, AL to visit the Barber Motorsports Museum. From Birmingham, I'll ride up to Balsam, NC for the ST-Owners Blue Ridge Gathering event.

I'll ride up the Blue Ridge Parkway and Shenandoah Skyline before heading east to the coast of Delaware. I planned on following the East coast all the way down to Florida but the Outer Islands at Hatteras and Ocracoke are still recovering from Hurricane Dorian so I will bypass the damage to Charleston and then Savannah. From Jacksonville, FL, I'll head west on the slab back home.

A bit over 4,000 miles in 20 days. https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php...=0&showAll=yes

I'll try to post updates and pictures as possible during this ride.

Darbinco, Damocles, J-Luv and 4 others like this.

Andy
2015 K1600GTS (aka KBiK)
ALTRider Engine Guard and Illium Rear Tip-Over Bars. Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector and SPOT Gen 3
TopSpeed LED high beam bulbs, Clearwater Ericas and Darlas, Billie Brake Light with CANopener 4. Skene P3 Rear Brake Lights and Photon Blaster Turn signals with PDM60. Sargent Seat.
Scuberth C4 Pro, Helite vest with Hi-Viz, Aerostich Roadcrafter Lite suit

2012 Yamaha Supere Tenere (Traded for GT)
2005 Honda ST1300A (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 09-24-2019, 10:29 PM

Garage
Looks like a great time and if weather permits it can be a beautiful ride

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 18 Old 09-24-2019, 10:37 PM

Garage
Enjoy the STOC events and if applicable say hi to the folks from me.

I gave myself a whole day at the Barber museum and spent from when it opened to about 4:30pm. For lunch if you back track 1/2 way to the Interstate you'll find the entrance to a Bass Pro Shop where they have a restaurant. The driveway back to the store is maybe 1/2 mile long and it winds it's way through the woods, very unique.

I don't have to tell you to have a good time as I know you will.
amorley likes this.

2016 Glacier Silver/matte blue vinyl wrap GTL
1975 Daytona Orange R90S
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650
IBA#9293 BMWRA#41092 BMWMOA#185857
2004 Red Corvette
2005 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler

Last edited by Arizona Jim; 09-25-2019 at 12:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 09-24-2019, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Jim View Post
Enjoy the STOC events and if applicable say hi to the folks from me.

I gave myself a whole day at the Barber museum and spent from when it opened to about 4:30pm. For lunch if you back track 1/2 way to the Interstate you'll find the entrance to a Bass Pro Shop where they have a restaurant. The driveway back to the store is maybe 1/2 mile long and it winds it's way through the woods, very unique.

I don't have to tell you to have a good time as I know your will.
Thanks Jim!

Based on your recommendation, I plan to have a full day at the Barber Museum!

Andy

Andy
2015 K1600GTS (aka KBiK)
ALTRider Engine Guard and Illium Rear Tip-Over Bars. Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector and SPOT Gen 3
TopSpeed LED high beam bulbs, Clearwater Ericas and Darlas, Billie Brake Light with CANopener 4. Skene P3 Rear Brake Lights and Photon Blaster Turn signals with PDM60. Sargent Seat.

post #5 of 18 Old 09-25-2019, 02:12 AM

Garage
When in Arkansas, you REALLY need to ride in the Ozarks for a day. Northwest part of the state. Highways 16, 23, 7, 123 are the favorites of visitors but there are many more. I was just up there this past weekend enjoying myself, as I can get to them in an hour from my house. You won't regret it, I promise.
[email protected] likes this.

2014 BMW K1600 GTL
2007 BMW R1200GS Adventure (sold)
2001 Triumph Speed Triple 955i
2009 Yamaha FJR 1300 (sold)
2006 Triumph Sprint ST (RIP)
*A few others
MOA Member #200130
post #6 of 18 Old 09-25-2019, 05:12 AM

Andy, Oct 23-27 is my annual "Boy's Weekend". We're camping at Seneca Shadows Campground, Seneca Rocks, WV. If it fits your schedule you're welcome to join us.

Duane

Duane: '12 K1600GT/WL EngineBars//Wilbers/VarioLevers/ cbdaneAmber /BajaDesigns LED/PDM60/Remus Headers/GPR Exhaust/BST Carbon Fiber Wheels
post #7 of 18 Old 09-25-2019, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmead72 View Post
When in Arkansas, you REALLY need to ride in the Ozarks for a day. Northwest part of the state. Highways 16, 23, 7, 123 are the favorites of visitors but there are many more. I was just up there this past weekend enjoying myself, as I can get to them in an hour from my house. You won't regret it, I promise.
Thanks! I have ridden in Arkansas many times and love the roads in the Ozarks. I was there earlier this year but this time will just be passing through on the way to those equally great roads in the Appalachians.
Jwmead72 likes this.

Andy
2015 K1600GTS (aka KBiK)

post #8 of 18 Old 09-25-2019, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnert View Post
Andy, Oct 23-27 is my annual "Boy's Weekend". We're camping at Seneca Shadows Campground, Seneca Rocks, WV. If it fits your schedule you're welcome to join us.

Duane
Thanks Duane, I would love to join you at Seneca Rocks but I cannot extend my trip for another weekend as I have to be home to pickup Kathy from the airport.

Andy
Gunnert likes this.

Andy
2015 K1600GTS (aka KBiK)

post #9 of 18 Old 09-25-2019, 11:01 AM

Sounds like another great trip you have planned there Andy. Once again I will riding along in spirit. Heading out next week myself to around Leesburg Virginia. Unfortunately not on the bike but in the truck to sell some of our art work at a fair for three days. Have fun Andy.
amorley likes this.

I use to be TOMB now I am Booger Man
post #10 of 18 Old 09-26-2019, 09:23 PM

Dude, I like how you roll!

It seems like you are doing mile after mile, stopping long enough to catch you breath and recharge before going on another long trip! Just awesome and definitely a little inspiring!

2018 Thunder Grey GTL
2012 blue GTL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in