2018 K1600B w/3k & Remus - value? - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 05-29-2019, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MrBreeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 217
2018 K1600B w/3k & Remus - value?

So I am considering moving back to a GTL or a GT and I'm trying to determine what the market value of the 2018 B is.
3,000 miles, Remus exhaust, all else stock and perfect condition.
NADA says:
Low Retail: $16,329
High Retail: $21,733

KBB says:
Typical Listing price: $19,445
Trade Value: $15,200

I'm seeing on Searchtempest and CycleTrader what individuals and dealers are asking, but no way of knowing what the selling price has been.
Understand each market is different - I have my own ideas, but what do you think a fair price would be?

2019 K1600GT
1979 Honda CX500 custom build
Past BMW's: '18 K1600B, '14 BMW R1200RT,'12 BWM K1600 GTL,'09 BMW R1200R,'09 BMW K1200 LT,'03 BMW K1200 LT
MrBreeze is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 05-30-2019, 08:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 139
Aftermarket parts add *very* little to the value. I figure less than 20% of list on the parts no matter how old. I always shoot for wholesale when I buy. In NY, the trade value reduces the tax obligation so I'll often calculate that in, but still work my offers based on wholesale or trade value only.
av8r is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 05-31-2019, 12:01 AM
Member
 
itsawgood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Galveston Island, Texas
Posts: 73
I sent you a pm

Wherever I go, there I am
itsawgood is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 Old 05-31-2019, 11:23 AM
Member
 
OKBMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 41
If it helps I just purchased a 2018 B, no Remus, for $19,000 with only 1400 miles on it. From experience it's hard to get the top end value from any bike. You stand a better chance of moving it if it is a sought after model. This is a high end bike though and if you wait it out someone, like myself, out there is discerning and will look for a clean low mileage bike and gladly pay the top end of the value range. list it on craigslist locally, Ebay and anywhere else you can list it and be patient.

Love of all things with wheels and a motor
18' Z900RS
18' K1600B
OKBMW is online now  
post #5 of 16 Old 05-31-2019, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MrBreeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKBMW View Post
If it helps I just purchased a 2018 B, no Remus, for $19,000 with only 1400 miles on it. From experience it's hard to get the top end value from any bike. You stand a better chance of moving it if it is a sought after model. This is a high end bike though and if you wait it out someone, like myself, out there is discerning and will look for a clean low mileage bike and gladly pay the top end of the value range. list it on craigslist locally, Ebay and anywhere else you can list it and be patient.
Thanks. that's a helpful data point. I typically price things better than fair rather than holding off for top-dollar - and buyers feel they got a good deal (of course there are always the low-ballers who are unrealistic in their offers, but that comes with selling anything)

2019 K1600GT
1979 Honda CX500 custom build
Past BMW's: '18 K1600B, '14 BMW R1200RT,'12 BWM K1600 GTL,'09 BMW R1200R,'09 BMW K1200 LT,'03 BMW K1200 LT
MrBreeze is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 08-18-2019, 09:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKBMW View Post
If it helps I just purchased a 2018 B, no Remus, for $19,000 with only 1400 miles on it. From experience it's hard to get the top end value from any bike. You stand a better chance of moving it if it is a sought after model. This is a high end bike though and if you wait it out someone, like myself, out there is discerning and will look for a clean low mileage bike and gladly pay the top end of the value range. list it on craigslist locally, Ebay and anywhere else you can list it and be patient.
That's a killer find. It cost that guy roughly $19 a mile to ride that bike.


Msrp $25,200
Tax- 6.25% = $1575
Total $26,775 Ballpark

2018 K1600B
2010 DUCATI STREETFIGHTER S 1098
2012 HARLEY STREET GLIDE (FULL CUSTOM) 120R
2001 HONDA CBR 929 (TRACK BIKE)
jeffcelletti is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 08-18-2019, 10:03 PM
Senior Member
 
jryan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: O fallon Mo.
Posts: 1,691
16 to 18K. In that range.

2018 Grand America
2013 GTL sold
2009 GL 1800- 80k miles
PM me about my pullback risers.

Grand America & 1600 "B" Risers
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mpo/d...966950566.html
GTL RISER PICS
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mpo/d...966950439.html
See RAM MOUNT Pics
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mpo/d...966950897.html
jryan19 is online now  
post #8 of 16 Old 08-19-2019, 03:10 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Haslet,TX
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcelletti View Post
That's a killer find. It cost that guy roughly $19 a mile to ride that bike.


Msrp $25,200
Tax- 6.25% = $1575
Total $26,775 Ballpark


No. But to know actual cost wed have to speculate on trade value he got when he traded it in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BillW is online now  
post #9 of 16 Old 08-19-2019, 06:04 PM
SLH
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBreeze View Post
So I am considering moving back to a GTL or a GT and I'm trying to determine what the market value of the 2018 B is.
3,000 miles, Remus exhaust, all else stock and perfect condition.
NADA says:
Low Retail: $16,329
High Retail: $21,733

KBB says:
Typical Listing price: $19,445
Trade Value: $15,200

I'm seeing on Searchtempest and CycleTrader what individuals and dealers are asking, but no way of knowing what the selling price has been.
Understand each market is different - I have my own ideas, but what do you think a fair price would be?
Interesting. I have a 2015 GT and I'm considering moving to a GTL or a B. Better for the wife. I would be interested in what you didn't like about the B?
jbiker likes this.
SLH is online now  
post #10 of 16 Old 08-19-2019, 06:45 PM
Senior Member
 
HOGSLYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Mars, PA
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcelletti View Post
It cost that guy roughly $19 a mile to ride that bike.


That's about right for one of these things!
HOGSLYR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome