GTL Low Seat for Sale or Swap - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-16-2018, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
GTL Low Seat for Sale or Swap

Hi,

I have a GTL stock low seat that is well, too low for me. I'm after a higher seat and my understanding is that the "high" will raise me up about 2" which should work fine. If you are in the reverse scenario I'd like to swap. If not, my low is for sale at a reasonable price.

Thanks,

Brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-16-2018, 09:19 PM

Brad, Let me know if you get no takers on a swap. I might be interested in buying it. Thanks. Tony Russo
post #3 of 8 Old 03-18-2018, 02:17 AM

I have GT seat that I would trade. Where are you located?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-18-2018, 11:56 AM

Garage
Seat

I also purchased a GTL coming off of an LT. Loved that bike. The GTL will definitely keeps you smiling. Ordered a Sargent Seat for it. I went to a two piece seat but the seat did not come in before I left for the N.Y. /Hamburg Rally two years ago. My wife and I rode anyway to the Rally. 982 miles one way from our home in Michigan. When we arrived at the Rally, I said that I will not ride another miles on this God forsaken stock seat. Sargent was at the Rally, they had the seat I wanted and they cancelled my seat order at the factory and I bought they two piece seat at the Rally. Best move I ever made. It was comfortable on the way home but now that it is broken in to me is even better. Russel Daylong Seats are great but you need your own seat pan. Sargent is complete. Mayabe think twice about buying the stock high seat. The sergeant seat is top quality and the people are great to deal with. JMO. Good luck. P.S. Sargent seat also is better for my wife as far as comfort and seat height.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-18-2018, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm in Northern NJ but isn't the GT seat a different fitment than the GTL? I like the position the GTL seat has me in.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-18-2018, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandman View Post
I also purchased a GTL coming off of an LT. Loved that bike. The GTL will definitely keeps you smiling. Ordered a Sargent Seat for it. I went to a two piece seat but the seat did not come in before I left for the N.Y. /Hamburg Rally two years ago. My wife and I rode anyway to the Rally. 982 miles one way from our home in Michigan. When we arrived at the Rally, I said that I will not ride another miles on this God forsaken stock seat. Sargent was at the Rally, they had the seat I wanted and they cancelled my seat order at the factory and I bought they two piece seat at the Rally. Best move I ever made. It was comfortable on the way home but now that it is broken in to me is even better. Russel Daylong Seats are great but you need your own seat pan. Sargent is complete. Mayabe think twice about buying the stock high seat. The sergeant seat is top quality and the people are great to deal with. JMO. Good luck. P.S. Sargent seat also is better for my wife as far as comfort and seat height.
Hi and thanks Bandman. I too love the GTL and can't see changing out other than going for the latest model someday. For now I am after a more comfortable seating position as the low seat gives me cramps now and again. Even though I have only a 30" inseam I was able to just maintain flat feet when sitting on the GTL with the high seat. I can find a swap out with another member and would only cost me shipping.

OR

I could sell my low for $250 and get into the Sargent for $500.

Question: How much higher would the low Sargent raise me from the 29 1/2 inches the low seat has me at? I know there's a 2" spread from the low to the high stock.

Thanks,

Brad
post #7 of 8 Old 03-18-2018, 03:43 PM

Garage
seat

Hi Brad,
The best thing I ever did was to get the Sargent seat. Will raise you up about 1 inch but the seat even feels different as far as the support. No more cramps. I got the same thing. Sargent will work with you and sill build into the seat what you want. Although the seat will come with heat, you still need to swap the controls to the neew seat. No big deal. It's easy to do. Good luck. If you have any questions, just let me know.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-18-2018, 03:48 PM

Garage
seat

The GTL seat is a one piece while the GT seat is a two piece. I elected to go with the two piece. Both seats fit on the gtl. To swap out the seat from stock is really easy. Directions are very well done.

Last edited by bandman; 03-18-2018 at 03:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page