The infamous front end squeak: Help ID'ing the spot to lubricate requested - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 07-20-2016, 12:24 AM

My bike developed the infamous front end squeak. My dealer changed out the ball joints, no more squeak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 10-07-2016, 01:06 PM

My 2014 started squeaking a short time ago. Called the dealer in Iowa City and they are replacing the bushings this Tuesday. About 10,000 miles on the bike.
post #13 of 16 Old 10-19-2016, 07:32 PM

Garage
Well my bike just Developed a front End Squeaky noise also..... ☹️ I'm going to call a dealer in Green Bay and see what they have to say,the only bad thing is winter cooler weather is upon us,I still have a couple days of warranty left till mid 2018,if we would get any snow and than the salt I really don't want to ride on the road after that,what do you guys think????

I JUST WANT TO RIDE
BMWMOA# 210002
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 Old 11-03-2016, 10:12 PM

I turned my bike in Saturday and they ordered me a new shock! Bike has 5 months of new bike warranty remaining and I got a new shock over this issue. Mine was really bad, tech didn't even have to ride it. He sat on it, rocked it to and fro, and immediately knew it was kaput. I hope the new shock alleviates the dreaded left pull. I'll report on that as soon as I get it back in the stable. Thanks for this thread, helped me save a bunch of money as I'm not yet ready to pull the trigger on wilburs and wanted to get a few more K out of the stock shocks. BTW! I just bought a used GS and I like that bike as well. Low mileage rallye edition, clean as a whistle. Real garage queen pavement princess. Gonna change all that this winter. Wish me luck out in the sticks.

Frank Smith
2014 GTL
New Market, AL
post #15 of 16 Old 11-03-2016, 11:45 PM
cdc

Garage
The replacement shock under warranty started squeeking, I have sprayed it and does not make noise for a few hundred miles...
Will work on another replacement under the extended warranty...

ⓒⓓⓒ - Camilo D. (kah-MEE-lo)

'13 K1600 GT - Apr. 5/13
'12 K1600 GT Gone Nov 16/12 - https://tinyurl.com/cdc-crashed
'06 FJR 1300AE Sold
'04 Suzuki SV650 Sold
'82 Suzuki 500GS Sold
'78 Yamaha SR500 Sold

Last edited by cdc; 11-05-2016 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Sp
post #16 of 16 Old 11-04-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADGER1 View Post
Well my bike just Developed a front End Squeaky noise also..... ☹️ I'm going to call a dealer in Green Bay and see what they have to say,the only bad thing is winter cooler weather is upon us,I still have a couple days of warranty left till mid 2018,if we would get any snow and than the salt I really don't want to ride on the road after that,what do you guys think????
If you're that concerned about bad weather, you could always have the bike trailered to and from the dealership. I would not delay having the issue fixed, just saying.

Frank Smith
2014 GTL
New Market, AL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page