BMW K1600 Forum banner

Contiroadattack3gt

4K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Scott Titensor 
#1 ·
Hey there has anyone tried the contiroad attack3

I recently received a copy of the moa magazine and continental has a flyer about their touring tires. theres free roadside assistance with purchase of a tire,

The flat tire roadside assistance is a pretty good motivation to get a set of tires if performance and price is comparable.

#2 ·
The GT version required for the K1600 will not be out before summer 2018. The standard version won a comparison test by the German magazine 'Motorrad'. I will definitely try it next opportunity and I am sure it is not made in China.

#4 ·
+1 Darby.

Duane

#6 ·
I don't doubt that they are fine tires. The set I saw last weekend at the motorcycle show was marked Made in Germany.
My only concern was the same one commonly reported with the Metzeler Z8 - there is no way to determine how much wear has taken place at the center of the tire.
It would be so easy to incorporate a dimple in the rubber, as is done on slicks, to eliminate guessing.

#7 · (Edited)
The Roadsmart III, as suggested above, seems to be the best I've experienced on the GTL. Good handling and reasonably "sticky". Nice confidence boost over the Michelin PR4s. Not sure what kind of mileage to expect, though. With that said, I'd be very interested in opinions on the Conti.

#8 ·
I’ve been running Pirelli Angel GT’s since their release, and I’m completely happy with them, however, I recently put a set of Continental Trail Attack2’s on my GSA. While they are pretty ordinary in the current muddy conditions of my driveway, I’m actually impressed at how they feel and respond. Considering they really are just an aggressive road tyre, they will handle most conditions confidently. If the price is right, based on the current set, I could be tempted away from Pirelli set number eight, to a set of Conti GT’s. The I spoke to the Australian distributor last year about them, and they’ve been delayed almost 12 months to fine tune them. I think first reports will be interesting.

#10 ·
One-year bump. Any updates or other experiences anyone can share on these? I’m just now in the process of procuring a new GT (so need to change my sig., I suppose), but am curious about how the GTs hold up. Thanks!

#15 · (Edited)
That's pretty strange, especially as they went out of their way to sponsor the official 24hr record on Roadattack 2s, you think they would keep the reputation going for the 3s:

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/245883/carl-reese-sets-24-hour-solo-record/

Just checked the website - they do a GT version, but only in 180 size. I thought they may still be recommending the Roadattack 2 but that has gone obsolete :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.