How low do you go - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 05-19-2019, 04:07 AM

Garage
Does NOT fit in the Fairing Compartment

Hey Charlie,

Unfortunately the pump does not fit in the Fairing Compartment, have just been out to the bike and tried it. Its close but no luck am afraid. The pump comes with a small handy bag containing the air hose attachment and whatever electrical connectors you need, I also put the Dynaplug repair kit in there as well. I have an SAE tail connected directly to the battery and plug it into that to avoid carrying Crocodile clips. The bag and contents take up very little space, I carry it with me always. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190519_095416.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	127862   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190519_095422.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	127864   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190519_095426.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	127866  
earthling and justcharlie like this.

2018 BMW K1600GTL

Last edited by afhorsley; 05-19-2019 at 04:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 05-19-2019, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobervol View Post
You taught me something Ive never heard. Was totally unfamiliar with the word, so googled it, and still had no idea what you meant, and then found reference to the old expression, on tenterhooks, which applies perfectly.

Where are you from originally, and where did you first hear it? I apologize for the thread diversion; the origin of old expressions always interests me.

I grew up in NW FL, spent a cpl years in N GA.
I have been fortunate enough to work with a few limeys over the years.
I worked with two so long that I was speaking with their accent by the time I terminated my employment with them. People said it was a strange thing to hear a southern/british accent. Sorry, I have never been able to change my voice from what it is, even as a public speaker; no matter how hard I tried.
Love to hear Brits speak, except those that I can't understand a word they say! lol
Best.
dobervol likes this.

Darryl - Thanks for all you do!
RETIRED!
14BMWK1600GTL DGM
16BMWS1000XR Red
07HD FLHTCU Champion Trike
81CB750Bentforks$500
81 CB900 10speed 100HPOriginal $2.5K
81 CBX Orig 3Kmi 105HP $8K
81 CBX Frankenstein Trike $12K
1955 1st Chevy 3100 Pickup $30K
05 BMW X5
1990 Chevy 4x4
2001 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Coffintrailer $1K
post #13 of 18 Old 05-19-2019, 12:17 PM

Looks like Dynaplug is now using a different pump from the posted photos. However, the 4.75x6x2 inch dimensions (found them on their website) doesn't look like it will fit the fairing compartment. Maybe there is space under the seat?

Anyway, it looks like a pretty good kit altogether and easily packed along when the cases are on. It'll fit a jacket pocket otherwise I think.

'18 GTL ebony metallic
added: Altrider engine bars, Ilium rear bars, Clearwater Darla and Billie brake lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 Old 05-19-2019, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
What kind of spuds?

I recently purchased one of these compressors and though it isn't the lightest, most compact thing in the world, it has a lithium battery, works quite well and is uber convenient since you don't need to mess with a cord. I now carry it and a Safety Seal kit with me when touring. It's 2" in diameter, 9.5" long and weighs in at 1.5# on my digital scale.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Agria spray free spuds.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The grass looks greener on the other side, but it still needs mowing,
post #15 of 18 Old 05-24-2019, 07:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobervol View Post
You taught me something Ive never heard. Was totally unfamiliar with the word, so googled it, and still had no idea what you meant, and then found reference to the old expression, on tenterhooks, which applies perfectly.

Where are you from originally, and where did you first hear it? I apologize for the thread diversion; the origin of old expressions always interests me.
A tenter is an old name for a cloth stretching frame, and the hooks secure the cloth to the frame.

Rush with hush, (and clunks).
post #16 of 18 Old 05-24-2019, 08:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcharlie View Post
Looks like Dynaplug is now using a different pump from the posted photos. However, the 4.75x6x2 inch dimensions (found them on their website) doesn't look like it will fit the fairing compartment. Maybe there is space under the seat?

Anyway, it looks like a pretty good kit altogether and easily packed along when the cases are on. It'll fit a jacket pocket otherwise I think.
On the products page of their website they show the picture as posted and call it the 'New Micro Pro'. Its also listed on Amazon as the same style.
justcharlie likes this.

2012 BMW K1600GTL
post #17 of 18 Old 05-24-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthling View Post
On the products page of their website they show the picture as posted and call it the 'New Micro Pro'. Its also listed on Amazon as the same style.
Thanks for the link, I was missing the New Micro Pro pump on the Dynaplug site for some reason. I just ordered that pump and tool. I like that the pump has a 2nd port to check air pressure without removing the screw on connector to the tire. It is also a bit smaller than the other pump they sell.

'18 GTL ebony metallic
added: Altrider engine bars, Ilium rear bars, Clearwater Darla and Billie brake lights
post #18 of 18 Old 05-28-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afhorsley View Post
Hey Charlie,

Unfortunately the pump does not fit in the Fairing Compartment, have just been out to the bike and tried it. Its close but no luck am afraid. The pump comes with a small handy bag containing the air hose attachment and whatever electrical connectors you need, I also put the Dynaplug repair kit in there as well. I have an SAE tail connected directly to the battery and plug it into that to avoid carrying Crocodile clips. The bag and contents take up very little space, I carry it with me always. Hope this helps.
I found that the Micro Pump will fit under the seat, either in front of or behind the battery. I wrapped it in bubble pack and plastic cling wrap. The electric cord (I only need the SAE plug, already have that connector on my battery), coiled hose, Dynaplug tool, small vice grips, small diagonal cutters, and air pressure gauge all fit in the left fairing compartment.

BTW, I found that my existing SAE plug installed by the dealership for attaching a charger had a 7.5 amp fuse and the Dynaplug Micro Pump has 15 amp fuses in the supplied wiring. Best sort that out prior to trying to use it.

'18 GTL ebony metallic

Last edited by justcharlie; 05-28-2019 at 11:55 PM. Reason: added caution about amps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page