Mountain run - Angel GTs - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 Old 06-09-2019, 07:38 PM

@garyculb , we'll have to agree to disagree.

Duane
garyculb likes this.

Duane: '12 K1600GT/WL EngineBars//Wilbers/VarioLevers/ cbdaneAmber /BajaDesigns LED/PDM60/Remus Headers/GPR Exhaust/BST Carbon Fiber Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 06-09-2019, 07:51 PM

Not sure if it is because my front GT II is not an "A Spec" (stupid dealer)but I am not fully happy with my pair. The front A-Spec has a different pattern than the non-A-Spec, similar to the rear, and has a dual compound.

I just went on 2 trips since installing them, ~ 2000 miles, and even though they are a nice cornering tire, they are horrible on any type of grooved pavement. The bike sways left and right pretty harshly. Draw bridges are not fun either (yes, I cross them at an angle). My Michelin PR4s were never affected like this.

Never cross a "bridge", without checkin' out the view! - me

Life is too short to drive an ugly car. -me
post #13 of 14 Old 06-09-2019, 08:00 PM

Garage
Mountain run - Angel GTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immtbiker View Post
Not sure if it is because my front GT II is not an "A Spec" (stupid dealer)but I am not fully happy with my pair. The front A-Spec has a different pattern than the non-A-Spec, similar to the rear, and has a dual compound.

I just went on 2 trips since installing them, ~ 2000 miles, and even though they are a nice cornering tire, they are horrible on any type of grooved pavement. The bike sways left and right pretty harshly. Draw bridges are not fun either (yes, I cross them at an angle). My Michelin PR4s were never affected like this.
Sounds like you are great candidate for the Dunlop R3's. Company periodically offers a $50 CC refund with purchase. Found the rear Michelin PR4 would slip or skip with spirited mountain riding. Went through my Pirelli Angle GT NON-A Spec in 2,500 miles.

Best,

Doc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 Old 06-09-2019, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Im sure therell be a balance between performance and longevity but, at the moment Im really enjoying the ride 😊
Ill post how long they last, with due consideration to the fact that rides like the weekend are few and far between for me.

Donna
(Its all fun until I break a nail!)
Pink and Black K1600B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page