BMW K1600 Forum banner

Pirelli Angel GT (A) to replace BT 30 GT EVO

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jarrell 
#1 ·
Got me a set Pirelli Angel GT (A) made in Germany, because the Angel 2 (A) was only available made in China. Looks like they make a small contingent of Germany made tires for specific purposes and the masses get the Chinese product.
My Bridgestone BT 30 Evo GT were done rear to the bars at 5800 km, trust inducing, responsive, quiet tire but 2 up in the Alps produced some serious saw toothing on the rear which went away later. Front could have gone another 5000 km. Only with the BT I have seen this wear pattern which is unusual for a top heavy bike.

The Pirelli seems a little less responsive, but holds the line very well and has no tendency to go wide. If they reach > 6000 km, I will buy a couple of sets and store them.

No China stuff on my wheels. Yes I know that they produce along the same quality management processes than Germany does. At least that is what the press office of Metzler and Pireli tells you offically.

Reactions: MikeB60
#2 ·
ViennaK I just installed my Pirelli Angel gt 2 on my GA, yes they are stamped China agree with you not happy about that. My stock Bridgestones lasted 7200 miles, RS3 lasted 8000 miles but cupped badly at 7000 mark. Will see how the Pirelli Angel gt 2 hold up very positive feedback from the forum on the original pirelli's time will tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.