I need to get tires before heading to Asheville for the RA rally in a few weeks and trying to decide whether to go with the PR3 even though the new B spec probably won't be in yet or should I try the new Angel GT.
Well I bit the bullet and ordered a pair. Just got them Friday and I'll get them installed next Saturday. Cutting it a little close to ride to the RA rally 2 days later but that's as soon as I could get in. Current Z8's are at 4700 and despite diligent air pressure checks and fills they are getting scary in the transition from straight to lean. Flat across the center with a sharp point leading to the sides of the tire. Think of a triangle with the top 1/4 cut straight across, especially the front.
I put the Pirelli Angels on my Concours 14. Had the PR's before that and I feel the Angels gave a more solid feel of the road. Only have 3K on my 13 GTL but will go with the Angels when its time for new rubber. Barrry
I ran through a couple of sets of Angels on my 1200RT and the best I could get out of a pair was 6300 miles. I would hate to guess what my 1600 would do to them!
But that would have been the Angel ST since the Angel GT just came out this spring - supposedly longer lasting than any other sport tour tire according to Motorrad magazine. Mine are getting put on as we speak so I'll give a report after I get back from the run down to the RA rally next week.
The ideal tyre for Travelers using the bike for long road trips, with side bags and passenger, looking for safety on wet, stability and mileage
• The evolution of the Angel™ ST, stretching the concept of Sport Touring into Gran Turismo, bringing the sporty attitude to a wider range of usage conditions and for longer distances
• The new reference for mileage in Sport Touring tyres
• Excellency in wet performance and grip
• Top handling capabilities, typical of the Pirelli DNA
• Performance consistency util the end of tyre’s life
• Personalisable through sidewall rubber labels