Road Trip Tire Co-op - Page 6 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 56 Old 05-15-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Jim View Post
I always have a case or two of oil and filters so stop by and I'll keep you rolling. Although next year's MOA is in June so you may have to sweet talk my wife into letting you in the garage to change oil.
Lol I'll do my best. Thanks for the offer!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
TarkusNY likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 56 Old 06-02-2018, 08:55 PM

I just put new tires on two weeks ago and my rear is about done, BMW is usually closed Sunday and Monday. I could really use a tire within 2 or 3 hundred miles of Sault Ste Marie. I'm up on hwy 17 now heading that way . Anybody know a shop? [email protected]. thanks
post #53 of 56 Old 09-04-2018, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Kizzle (Kyle) stopped by Monday and we mounted my spare set of Dunlop RSIII and front brake pads. He ordered replacements, I'll post when I have another set available.

Duane
KayGee, C 4, garyculb and 4 others like this.

Duane: '12 K1600GT/WL EngineBars//Wilbers/VarioLevers/ cbdaneAmber /BajaDesigns LED/PDM60/Remus Headers/GPR Exhaust/BST Carbon Fiber Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 56 Old 09-05-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnert View Post
Kizzle (Kyle) stopped by Monday and we mounted my spare set of Dunlop RSIII and front brake pads. He ordered replacements, I'll post when I have another set available.

Duane

There isn't a Motorrad dealer listed on BMW website nor Garmin for Catlett, VA area. However, if you're in the area (surrounding states), I would take @Gunnert up on his service invites. He's as thorough as great mechanics came and built himself a professional shop to compliment him. Any and everything that can be done on a vehicle probably has taken place in his shop with ease given the tools on hand.

I had a choice to track home (800 miles) miles and searched for a dealership that may have the brand of choice, also, a network who feels comfortable installing a tire on an aftermarket wheel or head to Duane's 400+ miles from my current location. Duane not only installed new tires, but a pair of brake pads was also on hand to replace my worn pads. I'm not a betting man, but if I needed, a K1600 motor or transmission, I would bet my savings he would pull one out. Before my trip, I completed the 30K service at 27500, along with new tires, in hopes to get 7500-8000, the previous set had 2700 miles on them. Oil change at 32600. The rear tire was higher than 50% worn; the dealer didn't feel comfortable working on aftermarket wheel. Also, I chose not to cross Metzler with Dunlop.

Duane welcome me on Sunday, and same would have gone for Labor Day Monday. He requested my ETA to assure he would be in the area. After we confirmed Sunday and approximate time I received a text "plan on staying with us"; before I had an opportunity to reserve overnight accommodations. Thanks to Duane and family for the hospitality.

Riders Domain messed up on delivery address. I placed the tire order Saturday night. Tuesday evening while traveling home I received an e-mail confirmation, tires were ship to North Carolina. I just got off the phone with RD to correct delivery location. Their hours are 6AM-6PM Pacific. I'm expecting a call with new updates. Brake pads ordered before dinner on Sunday night. They should arrive today.

Many thanks, Duane!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1a53.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	121300   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0265.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	121302   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1a55.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	121304  
KayGee, Gunnert, kotr and 4 others like this.

Kyle
post #55 of 56 Old 09-07-2018, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

New set of Dunlop RoadSmart III tires are now hanging in the garage and I have a spare set of EBC brake pads (front/rear). Let me know if you're on the road and need assistance.

Duane
Prince likes this.

Duane: '12 K1600GT/WL EngineBars//Wilbers/VarioLevers/ cbdaneAmber /BajaDesigns LED/PDM60/Remus Headers/GPR Exhaust/BST Carbon Fiber Wheels
post #56 of 56 Old 09-08-2018, 08:10 PM

Garage
Kizzle....you make the best reviews

Can you leave me an AirBnB review?
K1zzle likes this.

Paul
1984 Honda V65 Magna
1985 BMW K100RT
2011 BMW K1600GTL - gone
2018 BMW K1600GTL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page