Where to Buy New Tires Thread - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 68 Old 12-03-2014, 11:42 AM

Got a great local shop here in Atlanta - Ken's Motorcycle Tires (Woodstock, actually). Locally run by Ken and his wife Debbie. Price was the same as Revzilla, they call me when it comes in, I make an appt and wait on the bike for 25 min, and I'm on my way.

BMW of Atlanta is great and gets all my maintenance work but I love Ken and want to help out the independent business owner. I would strongly recommend anybody in this area to use him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 68 Old 12-03-2014, 10:51 PM

I have bought my last 2 sets of Angel GT's from Jake Wilson. Low price and good service so far. Mr. Green points out that Revzilla will drop ship to your local dealer and this is a convenient option for me. I may use Revzilla for this reason. It would be worth a few extra dollars.

Chris H (formerly known here as Charlie Fogg)

2018 K1600 GTL
2014 K1600 GTL (Gone)
2015 R1200 RT (Gone)
post #13 of 68 Old 12-04-2014, 12:17 AM

Garage
Just bought a set of Angel GT's at Jake Wilson for $291.00 with free shipping. :gm

Best deal I've found on Angels.

Mark
SCPO USN (ret)
2017 GSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 68 Old 12-05-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerbeam View Post
Got a great local shop here in Atlanta - Ken's Motorcycle Tires (Woodstock, actually). Locally run by Ken and his wife Debbie.
The only place I'll go is another great little place here "in Atlanta" -- Two Brother's Tires in Lawrenceville.

Great easy going honest guys who just do bike tires. And maybe an oil change or two. Tire prices are competitive and they don't get pissy if you bring in your own, but they might charge an extra ten bucks, or that may be $10 less if the tire is off the bike, I don't remember.

I just know I trust them, their work, and their honesty. And there prices are fair and competitive.
post #15 of 68 Old 12-05-2014, 06:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendy View Post
The only place I'll go is another great little place here "in Atlanta" -- Two Brother's Tires in Lawrenceville.

Great easy going honest guys who just do bike tires. And maybe an oil change or two. Tire prices are competitive and they don't get pissy if you bring in your own, but they might charge an extra ten bucks, or that may be $10 less if the tire is off the bike, I don't remember.

I just know I trust them, their work, and their honesty. And there prices are fair and competitive.
I thought they went out of business. I use to buy my tires online from them but this summer by brother told me they closed up shop??

Edit: I found their web page and it looks like they reopened in a new location but so far I can't see if they sell online anymore. The Keel brothers are great friends of the ST owners forum.

2016 Glacier Silver/matte blue vinyl wrap GTL
1975 Daytona Orange R90S
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650
IBA#9293 BMWRA#41092 BMWMOA#185857
2004 Red Corvette
2005 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler
post #16 of 68 Old 01-17-2015, 03:34 PM

I have 5900 miles on my 2012 KGTL and my dealer pointed out bald spots on my tires and is replacing both the back and front installed for $500... Based on what i have read that seems about fair. Thinking i probably could have saved maybe 100 ordering myself then having them installed but this works... Also both my steering column control sets are being replaced due to some recall i knew nothing about. Figured i would have heard about that. 6000 mile service new tires; glad i Brought My Wallet to the dealer....

Last edited by JRESURF; 01-17-2015 at 03:37 PM.
post #17 of 68 Old 01-17-2015, 07:17 PM

Garage
JRESURF,

If you still have your Metzlers on that seems about right for mileage on them. Some have gotten less; I got about 6.5K on my original set.
What branddid you get put on this time?

Mark
SCPO USN (ret)
2017 GSA
post #18 of 68 Old 01-18-2015, 04:06 PM

Yes these were the original tires i had on the bike when i purchased it. The dealer indicated they would be putting on Michellan tires but did not specify exact models only a price. Ofcourse i had not even researched tires prior to going to the dealer as i did not recognize the balding spots on my own. As I not mechanically savvy i have always taken the word of my dealer. (This is probably to their benefit) I also did not recognize this thread as a sticky for this forum area so apologize for posting this here and not in a separate thread below. (New phone app)
Hopefully these new tires and new handle bar gadgets will keep me safe and sound for a while...
J

Just priced out the Michellan Pilot 4 tires for the K1600GTL at revzilla and price ended up $346 before tax and shipping.... My dealer indicated tire cost would be $400 (claiming a 25% discount) and 500 installed. I guess that is not too big of a difference. All good.

Last edited by JRESURF; 01-18-2015 at 04:18 PM.
post #19 of 68 Old 01-30-2015, 02:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Rider View Post
Agree!
Here in the upper 49th dealers are often not very flexible on prices. I have purchased tires from "Motorcycle Superstore" at good prices but have the Border Hassle. Now I use "Canada's Motorcycle" and they ship free, to my door, via Canada Post and the PR4GT set was $425.00 including GST. Tough to beat.
Thank you for this info.

I just bought a pair to have as spares since after my summer trip I know I will need a new set.

They are cheaper than buying them in the US. I had new ones put on just prior to winter storage and my dealer charged me $558 plus tax just for the tires. Canadian Motorcycle was $439 including tax and free delivery.

Paul
1984 Honda V65 Magna
1985 BMW K100RT
2011 BMW K1600GTL - gone
2018 BMW K1600GTL
post #20 of 68 Old 01-30-2015, 03:55 PM

I was able to get a set of Dunlop Roadsmart 2 from American Motorcycle Tire - American Motorcycle Tire for around $250. No tax and free shipping.

Rick
2012 K1600GT (smashed)
2015 K1600GT (went over a cliff)
2018 R1200GS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page