BMW K1600 Forum banner

Another Bren Tune

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  KB1600 
#1 ·
Well the ECU is out and on its way to Bren. I'll update once it's back and reinstalled.

Going in a 2018 K1600B.

#2 ·
She will growl differently now. ;)

#11 ·
@LoWeLL216, I had the same getting used to on the throttle response. That delay is a pain especially in higher RPM. However, after 5K so far, I got use to fight that delay and time it right and it is just a norm now, very natural for me. Also, I use the shift assist 80% of the time so far. This tuning does not call me yet !!! I am fully happy with the power and acceleration so far. I also see that every time the dealer does an update, you need re-tune it. That is a pain for me. I need to ride one to justify doing it. Moreover, I am still not sure even after everyone here pretty much assures that it is not a liability concern, I do believe it is.....IF something does happen. Lawyers loveeee these kind of changes. I am sure what Bren does is super improvement but why messing around with the brain/mapping !!!???. If BMW offers it, I am so game !!!.

#13 ·
Yeah totally get it. I was used to it as well, but that doesn't meet I enjoyed it ?

True as well regarding the reflash issue. Unless there's a significant recall I don't intend on updating the ECU again. My maintenance is done by a great shop in San Diego (not the dealer) so they wouldn't update the ECU inadvertently.

I suppose if the flash causes a problem in the bike I'll be in warranty trouble, but I haven't heard of a single case of that. Outside of that I don't think it will be an issue. Famous last word...

#14 ·
We are all different on this planet, thank God. Call me square, maybe it's my military embedded experience. Having said that, my philosophy is, limit yourself to play with luck cause we enough around us that can add to it. That is why Brent has his business going and probably good, cause of people not like me :). Hey, the sky's the limit, I am ok with the view I have. Happy throttle riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.