BMW K1600 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bren/BMW software/firmware update

37K views 175 replies 62 participants last post by  Prince 
#1 ·
Just a quick reminder for anyone planning to get a Bren tune (myself included). Make sure there aren't any open bulletins or updates available first.
I was at my dealer over the weekend, and just happened to ask whether or not my '18 GTL was up to date. Apparently, I missed an update notification
from BMW back in JANUARY!!! (I don't think I ever got it). At any rate, I had planned to send my ECU you in before that. Fortunately I asked, or I would
have had to pay Bren $99 to re flash it after BMW's update wiped Bren's tune.

Thanks,

Ben

#2 ·
I just had my '18 GT at the dealership for another reason.

I asked the service manager NOT to update my ECU. He said "what if there's a cool new feature". I said "well, let me know then." He never asked why, just wrote a big note on the paperwork for the technician.

The Bren tune is intact.

#5 ·
Tell me how many we are ready to buy and I will ride down again; give him an incentive.

Reactions: Geoff_3
#10 · (Edited)
For Harleys there is Mastertune, that features a dongle that connects the bike with a Windows based software for uploading the Tuning files. The dongle marries to the specific ECM and is locked after first use.
Hardware is not the issue, cost for cable and dongle are probably less than $30. Distribution of the development costs however is an issue as BMW K1600 are rare animals.MasterTune Kits and Accessories
If Bren offers a package I am interested.

Reactions: Geoff_3
#110 · (Edited)
I know a lot of guys that like me bought DynoJet Power Visions and now the latest tuner is a PV3 you can get updates free for life and emailed to you but that is great providing you know what you're doing lol. I have a Mac desktop and seem to have issues as most tunes are based on windows platforms and as I computer wizz. I am a better bike rider lol . The other concern I have is the quality of our fuels against the US Fuels that are wat better quality so much so that the US 93 Ron runs rings around our 98 Roan octain rating.

#13 ·
I'm curious, for the guys who have already purchased the tune, will Bren offer a discount for the hardware since the software has essentially already been purchased once??

#27 ·
@RedCard, if that's true that's BS. So the guys that previously bought the tune for $500 now have to pay ANOTHER $600. I'd tell Bren to go f--k themselves and find another option.

Duane

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.