Group buy on Bren Hand-held unit - Page 17 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 248Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #161 of 459 Old 09-01-2019, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakyohmeca View Post
Count me in and thanks Vandaldog for putting this together.

Don Smith
You bet!

2018 K1600 GT Mars Red Metallic
► There exists a group of people who believe that 2 > 4.
► "I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol." Steven Wright
► No government, constitution or law gives you any rights... breathing does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 459 Old 09-01-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfalkenstein View Post
@BrenTuning can weigh in, but the answer I have been given is no; Bren is updating the bike-specific tables, not affecting the software area of the dealer-applied update.
Chris at BrenTuning,

Could you please confirm if I do or do not have to bring the bike back to the dealer to have them flash the baseline throttle mapping back into the ECU before I could use the handheld unit to either flash a stage I or stage II into the ECU? I had the latest software version in the ECU when I sent it to you to flash the Stage I mapping about a month ago. It would be nice if I wouldn't have to go through the time and expense Of bringing the bike back to the dealer for them to reflash the ECU back to the baseline configuration before I could use the handheld unit.

Thanks,
Ron
jryan19 and Bomberoman like this.

Ron

2018 Grand America
2016 R1200GS
2013 GTL (sold)
post #163 of 459 Old 09-01-2019, 08:07 PM

Garage
Vandaldog, thanks for putting this together. Hoping that everyone comes through so that the group qualifies for the 15% discount. Last I saw there was a list of 42. Plus the following names makes 47.
MrBreeze
mlHeck
Stingray
Phat6
Pakyohmeca

Im looking forward to flashing my own ECU soon. The bike, an 18 GTL, is going to the dealership Tuesday for its annual service and, hopefully, its final dealer software update. Im still up-in-the-air about stage-2. Im curious to know how the bike will perform under Stage-2 on 91-octane fuel, about all we have here in California.

Ventura Highway
In the sunshine...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #164 of 459 Old 09-01-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronpie View Post
Chris at BrenTuning,

Could you please confirm if I do or do not have to bring the bike back to the dealer to have them flash the baseline throttle mapping back into the ECU before I could use the handheld unit to either flash a stage I or stage II into the ECU? I had the latest software version in the ECU when I sent it to you to flash the Stage I mapping about a month ago. It would be nice if I wouldn't have to go through the time and expense Of bringing the bike back to the dealer for them to reflash the ECU back to the baseline configuration before I could use the handheld unit.

Thanks,
Ron

If your ECU is current mods from BMW which was late 18 / early 19 (oil level, hill assist updates we two included in the update) When connected to the bike the handheld will download your current ECU file info, you'll then transfer that file to your windows based computer and email it to BREN, within a couple of days they will write your new modified file and email you back two files, You'll download them to your computer and transfer them to the Handheld device. Now connect the Handheld back to the bike and upload the files in order to the bike. It sounds like a lot but it's really pretty easy and well worth the effort.
post #165 of 459 Old 09-01-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Chris at BrenTuning,

Thanks,
Ron
This is what I did before I received the handheld, per guidance from BrenTuning. The Stage 1 and 2 tunes are based on the latest BMW update. If your bike is under warranty there shouldn't be a charge to have your bike updated.

Last edited by mondorock; 09-02-2019 at 10:33 AM.
post #166 of 459 Old 09-01-2019, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Chris at BrenTuning,

Thanks,
Ron
They'll know, at your dealership, whether or not you have the latest flash. If I were you, I'd start by calling them on Tuesday.

post #167 of 459 Old 09-01-2019, 09:38 PM

I'm in too.
Vandaldog likes this.
post #168 of 459 Old 09-01-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturaHighway View Post
Vandaldog, thanks for putting this together. Hoping that everyone comes through so that the group qualifies for the 15% discount. Last I saw there was a list of 42. Plus the following names makes 47.
MrBreeze
mlHeck
Stingray
Phat6
Pakyohmeca

Im looking forward to flashing my own ECU soon. The bike, an 18 GTL, is going to the dealership Tuesday for its annual service and, hopefully, its final dealer software update. Im still up-in-the-air about stage-2. Im curious to know how the bike will perform under Stage-2 on 91-octane fuel, about all we have here in California.
You're welcome but, hey, I'm with everyone else and was just hoping to save a couple of bucks. While I knew this would be popular, I thought 40 people might be a bit ambitious. Now, I'll be surprised if we don't get even a few more who sign up before the deadline rolls around.

After reading the comments of those who've already done the Stage II flash, I'm super excited!

Can I get a WOOHOO!?!

post #169 of 459 Old 09-01-2019, 10:29 PM

Woohoo!!!
Vandaldog likes this.
post #170 of 459 Old 09-01-2019, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Nelson View Post
Woohoo!!!
I don't know about you but I love surprising the sh!t out of the whippersnappers on liter bikes by using them as bait and hanging with them when they're, shall we say, in a hurry!?!
SchuksMan likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page