Group buy on Bren Hand-held unit - Page 34 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 253Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #331 of 487 Old 09-13-2019, 04:38 PM

Garage
Guys,

Just quick question. Can anyone remember the file size of the MYGFile that you sent to Bren? Mine was only about 8.68KB but got a 3.4MB file back.

Does this sound right?

Kev

Current
2019 K1600 GT Sport

Previous
Honda X11
Honda Blackbird (x2)
Suzuki 1200 Bandit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 487 Old 09-13-2019, 04:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS_UK View Post
Guys,

Just quick question. Can anyone remember the file size of the MYGFile that you sent to Bren? Mine was only about 8.68KB but got a 3.4MB file back.

Does this sound right?
That is right around the numbers that I had also.
KAS_UK likes this.
post #333 of 487 Old 09-13-2019, 04:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megawatt155 View Post
That is right around the numbers that I had also.
Thanks Megawatt155, that's reassured me. Just need to find time to upload it to the bike.

Kev

Current
2019 K1600 GT Sport

Previous
Honda X11
Honda Blackbird (x2)
Suzuki 1200 Bandit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #334 of 487 Old 09-13-2019, 05:19 PM

Garage
Trying to download from my ECU to device. How do I know which ECU I have? I would assume that between 17.2, an 17.2.4, the latter would have to be for a newer bike, but I also know what happens when we assume, and with older BMWs, there were sometimes running two different suppliers for the same model year, so....

The sticker on the OBD cord has no such information, so do I have to unscrew all the right tupperware/covers to get down to the unit itself? Somewhere in the GS-911 data maybe?

Something easier I'm missing?

Joey

2019 K1600GT Option 719 Blue Planet Metallic, Brown Seat, Forged Wheels
2006 K1200S
2014 Yamaha FZ-09

Last edited by dobervol; 09-13-2019 at 05:35 PM.
post #335 of 487 Old 09-13-2019, 05:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobervol View Post
Trying to download from my ECU to device. How do I know which ECU I have? I would assume that between 17.2, an 17.2.4, the latter would have to be for a newer bike, but I also know what happens when we assume, and with older BMWs, there were sometimes running two different suppliers for the same model year, so....

The sticker on the OBD cord has no such information, so do I have to unscrew all the right tupperware/covers to get down to the unit itself? Somewhere in the GS-911 data maybe?

https://www.k1600forum.com/forum/2442318-post202.html

-Stephen! (The rider formerly known as smv)
--
There is NO need to tailgate me when I am doing 50 in a 35 zone... and those flashing lights on top of your car look ridiculous.
post #336 of 487 Old 09-13-2019, 05:46 PM

Garage
Quote:

I was wondering the same thing last night when I downloaded mine. I went with the 17.2 version and when I emailed it to bren I told them I was not sure which ECU version I had. They did not mention it in my email chain but I got back my new tunes and I uploaded the original and then the stage 2 as stated in their directions. Everything is working on my 2018 GA.
post #337 of 487 Old 09-13-2019, 06:08 PM

Garage
Emailed them. My first assumption was correct.

Joey

2006 K1200S
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
post #338 of 487 Old 09-13-2019, 06:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

I was wondering the same thing last night when I downloaded mine. I went with the 17.2 version and when I emailed it to bren I told them I was not sure which ECU version I had. They did not mention it in my email chain but I got back my new tunes and I uploaded the original and then the stage 2 as stated in their directions. Everything is working on my 2018 GA.
Hmm. Maybe just applies to the ‘19s.

Joey

2006 K1200S
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
post #339 of 487 Old 09-13-2019, 06:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Is it working "better"? If so, I missed @StephenV 's link before posting my last, but it's more than great to know that yours is, even with a '17+ bike.

I am now waiting, as I hooked mine up to the ol' GS-911, and the handheld twice, and forgot to turn down my two sets of Denali lights, so even though everything seems fine, the Optimate charger now says it's gone into the mode of trying to "save" my battery, so I shut-'er-down for today, out of an abundance of caution, since I won't have a chance to ride until next week, anyway. *sigh*.

Joey

2006 K1200S
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
post #340 of 487 Old 09-13-2019, 07:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Is it working "better"? If so, I missed @StephenV 's link before posting my last, but it's more than great to know that yours is, even with a '17+ bike.

I am now waiting, as I hooked mine up to the ol' GS-911, and the handheld twice, and forgot to turn down my two sets of Denali lights, so even though everything seems fine, the Optimate charger now says it's gone into the mode of trying to "save" my battery, so I shut-'er-down for today, out of an abundance of caution, since I won't have a chance to ride until next week, anyway. *sigh*.
Either it is working just fine with the 17.2 or bren changed the version when they sent it back to me. Which I would guess would be easy for them to do since they have everyone's ECU versions. At least I hope so lol
dobervol likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page