BMW K1600 Forum banner

I Got Out Riding Today in SW Ontario

6K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Storm2016 
#1 ·
It has been beautiful the last couple of days.

I had the time and inclination so today I got out and put 220 km's on the new K.

She has 397 km's on her now.

#8 ·
In Quebec we are not allowed, by law, to ride a motorcycle between December 15th and March 15th. So even if it's nice i can't take it out.
Plus, with all the sand they've covered roads with over the winter, it's way too easy to hit a slippy patch and test out the traction control.
I've tested it before and it's not a feeling i personally like.

#9 ·
We had a lot of rain a week ago (you have probably heard about all the flooding) that washed all the calcium and most of the sand off the road. The roads were fine although with all the snow we are getting tonight the salters will be back out.

#13 ·
I have not heard of the flooding in Ontario. We haven't had any snowfall in a while. And rain has been light if any at all.

Once the rain washes most of it away it will be safe, but even then, it usually takes until April or someplaces May before the roads have been cleaned of sand.

And we have so many potholes here it's nuts ! We usually have an insane amount but this year is the worst i've ever seen. When there's traffic on the motorway because of potholes so big even big rigs have to slow down and cars almost lose wheels...it's unthinkable to want to ride a motorcycle in this situation.
And it's no fun, you keep your eyes on potholes and not on the road or the scenery.

Reactions: Prince
#10 ·
I'm going to at least uncover mine, and give her a shine.... if its warm enough,, maybbbee.... take it out and about....

getting anxious...

ride safe everyone

#17 ·
#19 ·
Taken from the SAAQ website (our version of the DMV). It follows the car winter tyre law.

No motorcycling between December 15 and March 15

The Regulation respecting the use of tires specifically designed for winter driving also applies to motorcycles. It is therefore prohibited to operate a motorcycle from December 15 to March 15.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.