Trip to Newfoundland this summer. - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 12-09-2018, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Trip to Newfoundland this summer.

Heading to the Rock this summer from Calgary, have done the Cabot Trail, PEI but never Newfoundland. Going over using the North Sydney Ferry crossing and going to make our way to Fortune so we can take the ferry across to St Pierre. So a question has anyone parked their bike in the multi day lot they have? It appears there is shuttle to get to the parking when you check in for the Ferry? How safe is it to leave your bike for a couple of days if we stay in St Pierre?

Thanks
Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-14-2018, 11:33 AM

Hi Randy - I don't have the answer but am very curious as I am looking at doing the same in 2020 - 2019 is Cape Breton and Nova Scotia again for me

Cheers David
post #3 of 16 Old 12-14-2018, 12:07 PM

I lived in Nova Scotia for almost 6 years. I've never done it but have many friends that have, no issues with parking while you're off to visit St Pierre/Miquelon. As you know, everyone visiting there has to leave there vehicles on the mainland.

Duane

Duane: '12 K1600GT/WL EngineBars//Wilbers/VarioLevers/ cbdaneAmber /BajaDesigns LED/PDM60/Remus Headers/GPR Exhaust/BST Carbon Fiber Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 12-17-2018, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Guys

Going to stay at a local B&B and they have offered to drive us to the ferry and pick us up while our bikes stay secured in his garage! Love the eastern hospitality.

Randy
2018 K1600GTL
Prince likes this.
post #5 of 16 Old 12-17-2018, 09:35 PM

Garage
You’ll have a blast! I had a great trip to Newfoundland this summer.
Coldcanuk likes this.

Andy
2015 K1600GTS (aka KBiK)
ALTRider Engine Guard and Illium Rear Tip-Over Bars. Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector and SPOT Gen 3
TopSpeed LED high beam bulbs, Clearwater Ericas and Darlas, Billie Brake Light with CANopener 4. Skene P3 Rear Brake Lights and Photon Blaster Turn signals with PDM60. Sargent Seat.
Scuberth C4 Pro, Helite vest with Hi-Viz, Aerostich Roadcrafter Lite suit

2012 Yamaha Supere Tenere (Traded for GT)
2005 Honda ST1300A (Sold)
post #6 of 16 Old 03-13-2019, 06:47 AM

Just read your thread when are you guys heading over. I'm also taking a trip to the Rock this Summer but not till the start of August.
post #7 of 16 Old 03-14-2019, 05:17 AM

Might see Y'all there.. heading up this summer for a wedding.

2012 K1600GTL
2005 HD VRSCA Firefighter Special Edition
2001 Buell Blast
post #8 of 16 Old 03-14-2019, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorley View Post
Awesome Blog!

My wife and I ride up to CA most summers as her folks live in NB. Have done most of eastern CA excepting Newfoundland. I think I have some nearly EXACT photos as you from Peggy's Cove.... except the RED BIKE!

Being a retired firefighter, I have a penchant for red machines; I've been wanting to paint my GTL since I got her in '12. Please pardon the off topic, but did you have it painted? Do it yourself? Was it spendy?

2012 K1600GTL
2005 HD VRSCA Firefighter Special Edition
2001 Buell Blast
post #9 of 16 Old 03-14-2019, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

We are going to the BMW MOA Getaway Rally in PA this July and so should be going across on the ferry around mid July.

Randy
post #10 of 16 Old 03-14-2019, 01:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by capngeo View Post
Awesome Blog!

My wife and I ride up to CA most summers as her folks live in NB. Have done most of eastern CA excepting Newfoundland. I think I have some nearly EXACT photos as you from Peggy's Cove.... except the RED BIKE!

Being a retired firefighter, I have a penchant for red machines; I've been wanting to paint my GTL since I got her in '12. Please pardon the off topic, but did you have it painted? Do it yourself? Was it spendy?

Thanks!

No painting was required. This is the original OEM “Sakhir Orange” (Red) colour for the 2015 GTS.

Andy
2015 K1600GTS (aka KBiK)
ALTRider Engine Guard and Illium Rear Tip-Over Bars. Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector and SPOT Gen 3
TopSpeed LED high beam bulbs, Clearwater Ericas and Darlas, Billie Brake Light with CANopener 4. Skene P3 Rear Brake Lights and Photon Blaster Turn signals with PDM60. Sargent Seat.
Scuberth C4 Pro, Helite vest with Hi-Viz, Aerostich Roadcrafter Lite suit

2012 Yamaha Supere Tenere (Traded for GT)
2005 Honda ST1300A (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page