BMW K1600 Forum banner

GTL vs. GTL-E (and the good ol' three-post rule...)

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  JNW003 
#1 ·
OK, so are any other boards unlocked to new members, or do we have to post everything here? (Spammers suck because they mess things up for the rest of us...)

I'm trying to get some technical advice: I'm looking at a 2016 GTL (with, apparently, all the goody packages) alongside a 2016 GTL-Exclusive and trying to determine the real differences. From what I can tell, the GTL-E has the passenger armrests and the broadcast antenna hidden in the top box. Aside from that, are there any other real contrasts between the two?

I'm thinking that, from time to time, I'll probably want to ride it without bags, and removing the top box on a GTL-E takes away the broadcast antenna, which would be a little annoying. (I don't mind the fairing-mounted antenna on the GTL.)

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

P.S. Once I can post elsewhere, I'll gladly move this thread to a better home.

#3 ·
In 2014 when I purchased my Exclusive, below was the difference between the two models.
The 2016 might now include some of these features, but it gives you an idea of the differences.

Model Year 2014 K 1600 GTL Exclusive (MSRP: $29,950*)
Top Features

• The luxury touring benchmark: Based on the undisputed luxury touring segment leader, the Exclusive elevates the bar even higher with new equipment, technology and a unique finish.
  • The world's first Hill Start Control: Operated the rear brake when starting from a standstill at a slope, allowing the rider to keep both feet firmly planted on the ground and concentrating only on coordinating clutch and throttle action.
  • Keyless Ride by BMW: Leave the key in your pocket or bag and operate the ignition, central locking, anti-theft alarm system and even the fuel filler cap.
  • Heated backrest: Rear padded backrest is now heated (top section) and has added a new padded section for the lower section.
  • New, more Comfortable: Longer, more comfortable seat with softer cover, finished in premium Magnesium Silver.

Base Model: MSRP $29,950*
The K 1600 GTL Exclusive starts by including the "K 1600 GTL Premium Package" equipment as standard and then adds a series of new features and a very unique, exclusive finish.
Added value vs. K 1600 GTL = $1,060
Added equipment over K 1600 GTL with Premium Package

• $375 - Keyless Ride
  • $300 - Heated Back Rest
  • $300 - Exclusive Saddle Seat
  • $500 - Exclusive Exhaust
  • $535 - Armrests
  • $350 - Engine Protection Bars
  • $455 - Inner Bags (3)
  • $235 - Top Box Rear Lighting
  • $110 - Ground Lighting
  • $1,200 - Surface finish / exclusivity (e.g. brushed aluminum tank cover, special color, chrome accents, new indirectly lit instrument cluster)
  • -$3,300 price difference relative to K 1600 GTL Premium Package

#8 ·
I stick with Sirius radio using Bluetooth helmet speakers, so the antenna has never been an issue on my GTLE, and agree that the OEM seat is awful, and also replaced mine with an RDL. :bmw:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.