New to me GTL in AZ - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 Old 06-14-2019, 02:48 PM

Ride Now Chandler is OK for BMW stuff. Gotta talk to the right people however. Talk to Kim Ohara or Collin Allsopp at the front door and ask to have Jesse do the work. They used to have a good BMW sales rep, but they fired him and right now, there's no sales guy who knows J.S. about BMW.
gooddog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 06-14-2019, 06:14 PM

BTW, for Zonie Riders -

Next weekend 6/21-23 is the Beehive Beemers Rally in Panguitch UT. It's a fun rally with some totally awesome riding in the area. Good camping site and lots of hotels to choose also.

I'm going, but I'm taking dirt backroads up and back and will be on my F800GS, not my BGA.
post #13 of 19 Old 06-14-2019, 09:53 PM

Crash bars are a must. Even simple tip-overs at 0 mph can be very costly in both parts prices and med bill's from the related spinal surgery. Factory bars do nothing but provide a fulcrum to much more expensive parts to be touched.

Next, buy some prepaid lawyer stuff to help you keep your driver's license past the honeymoon period.

Then, locate your nearest physical therapy spot to help with carpal tunnel in your throttle wrist.

Finally, buy a small bag of lye and a packable shovel. This is going to help you get rid of your friends and famly that keep complaining about not seeing you as much anymore. It just get's old

Danny Muchmore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 Old 06-15-2019, 11:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuedeGopher View Post
Ah - I purchased the GPS along with the soft bags for the panniers when I bought the bike. Bone stock at the moment, though I've got my eye on some crash guards...

In case you want to see what I did: https://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw...-k1600gtl.html. Most of this is pretty common from what I've read in the threads.

-Al
post #15 of 19 Old 06-21-2019, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by asinop View Post
In case you want to see what I did: https://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw...-k1600gtl.html. Most of this is pretty common from what I've read in the threads.
Thanks for the tip - I had seen your work-up. I followed in your footsteps and ordered up the ol Ilium Works kit. Going to start there and see where the wallet takes me next

2018 K1600 GTL
post #16 of 19 Old 06-21-2019, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Update for those that like to track issues that might impact their bike - RideNow has a new audio unit on order as they think it's the likely culprit. Hopefully they'll get that in today so I can take the bike for a proper ride. Been a couple weeks now...

They haven't yet looked into my observation that I can feel the FD through the pegs a bit more than I had thought I would. Is this part of the character of the bike? Haven't been able to find notes from others related.

2018 K1600 GTL
post #17 of 19 Old 06-21-2019, 10:29 AM

Garage
This is a photo hungry group sir...

Oops I found the photos - nice work.

There is thy gold, worse poison to men's souls,
Doing more murders in this loathsome world,
Than these poor compounds that thou mayst not sell.
I sell thee poison; thou hast sold me none.
post #18 of 19 Old 06-22-2019, 06:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuedeGopher View Post
Update for those that like to track issues that might impact their bike - RideNow has a new audio unit on order as they think it's the likely culprit. Hopefully they'll get that in today so I can take the bike for a proper ride. Been a couple weeks now...

They haven't yet looked into my observation that I can feel the FD through the pegs a bit more than I had thought I would. Is this part of the character of the bike? Haven't been able to find notes from others related.

Maybe this is a mental block...FD=?

I haven't noticed any unusual feelings in my foot pegs. My only item is that for as large as the pegs are, I have to make sure to not get my pant leg hung up on them when stopping.

-Al
post #19 of 19 Old 06-23-2019, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by asinop View Post
Maybe this is a mental block...FD=?

I haven't noticed any unusual feelings in my foot pegs. My only item is that for as large as the pegs are, I have to make sure to not get my pant leg hung up on them when stopping.
Ah, final drive. I just picked it yup from the dealer and I think it's more feedback from the front forks than I expect more than anything.

By the way, audio unit was a whopping 1800 to replace. Yay warranty.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2018 K1600 GTL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page