New Member/Grand America Owner - Page 2 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 Old 07-15-2019, 01:23 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]* View Post
I picked mine up about 3 weeks ago also. Bought it from Gulf Coast BMW in South Houston Texas. They made me an offer I could not refuse. I work in Houston, but live in Victoria Texas. I keep my bike in Victoria, so I only get to ride on the weekends. Agreement with the wife. No riding in Houston(at least very little). There are a lot idiots driving cars around here. Since I only get to see my wife on the weekends, I defer to her to keep the peace. You married guys will understand. I will be retiring from NASA in December of 2021. Then I can get serious about riding.

Welcome - so that's where the one that they had in the showroom went! Nice bike (I sat on it a few times) and they surely made you a great deal. Wonderful folks.

I commute to downtown Houston and ride around the NASA area a lot. To me the south side of Houston is not that bad - I find it worse up in the north and west side of town. Maybe when you get used to the bike bring it up one week with the wife's permission. We have a TWTEX Wednesday night group that meets for eats in the Clear Lake area.

-Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 07-15-2019, 10:02 AM

Welcome and have a great time here!

Never eat yellow snow
post #13 of 14 Old 07-15-2019, 10:30 AM

Garage
I have some reservations about the 2018 BMW GA I am new to the bike but not new to riding this is my 44th motorcycle I don’t see anybody talking about lowering the front to transfer more weight on the front end for stability lots of people talking about lowering the rear which AGA is already lowered I have no interest In that but I have read people are having stability issues pulling to the left wondering front end wondering if bringing a friend and down a little bit would cure some of those issues Since the bike is almost 3 inches lower in the rear then the other K bikes

2018 BMW GA
2018 Harley Road Glide Special
2009 Triumph Tiger 1050
2018 Benelli 135 TNT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 Old 07-15-2019, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asinop View Post
Welcome - so that's where the one that they had in the showroom went! Nice bike (I sat on it a few times) and they surely made you a great deal. Wonderful folks.

I commute to downtown Houston and ride around the NASA area a lot. To me the south side of Houston is not that bad - I find it worse up in the north and west side of town. Maybe when you get used to the bike bring it up one week with the wife's permission. We have a TWTEX Wednesday night group that meets for eats in the Clear Lake area.
Indeed, they did make me a great deal. My salesman Jim Vagas was great to deal with. Everyone there was very helpful. I am loving this Forum. Good info and more importantly, good people. When I have to bring the bike back for service, I will try to schedule it around the TWTEX on a Wednesday.
You are correct, the traffic on the North side and especially out West is extra bad. With all the traffic and road construction, I don't see things getting better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page