Username says it all - new guy says hello - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By FirstBMWfirstBagger
  • 2 Post By FirstBMWfirstBagger

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 10-06-2019, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Username says it all - new guy says hello

Reformed roadracer - still have my race bikes but they're not getting much seat time since the K1600b came home last year. So far have ~8K on the bike. Farkles I've spent money on directly because of this forum: too many Wunderlich add-ons, Cardo pack-talk slim, Roadsmart III's, and most recently a stage 2 Brentune. Joined MOA from local recommendation - did Lebanon this year loved it. Hope to make it west next year.

Decided it was time to join and maybe give back if possible.
J-Luv likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-08-2019, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

All this talk about transmission recalls: My dealership is closing at the end of the month. Does anyone have any feedback on the Louisville dealership service department?
post #3 of 9 Old 10-08-2019, 12:30 PM

Garage
Congrats and welcome to the forum. I don't know where you are for your local dealer; assuming Kentucky based on Louisville question. There have been a handful of dealerships close in the last few months. I hate it. Speculation is some have been asked to upgrade facility without money from mothership. One lost its mechanic and can't recruit a replacement. Others may have been victims of their own malfeasance. Everyone is waiting with bated breath for the stop sale order related to the transmission solution and offer to fix. No stop ride order has been issued...unless you live in the Dakotas. Mother nature is taking care of that for you! Post pics of your bike when you can.

James

‘18 K16GT Option 719 Blue Planet Metallic with matching BMW top-box, Bomber Brown RDL, Denali D7s, Ilium f&r bars with highway pegs
IBA # 63673
‘14 FJR-ES Candy Red (sold)
‘83 CB1100F Blue White & Red (in a garage);
‘83 CB1100F Red White & Black (in a shed);
‘76 CR125 Elsinore Red (sold);
‘73? CB125S Torquoise (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 10-08-2019, 12:44 PM

Welcome from Minnesota!

Joe

“Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You can not withstand the storm.'
The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'
post #5 of 9 Old 10-08-2019, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstBMWfirstBagger View Post
All this talk about transmission recalls: My dealership is closing at the end of the month. Does anyone have any feedback on the Louisville dealership service department?
Are you anywhere close to Nashville, TN; or is that the one that is closing?
https://www.bloodmotor.com/
Best.

Darryl - Thanks for all you do!
RETIRED!
14BMWK1600GTL DGM
16BMWS1000XR Red
07HD FLHTCU Champion Trike
81CB750Bentforks$500
81 CB900 10speed 100HPOriginal $2.5K
81 CBX Orig 3Kmi 105HP $8K
81 CBX Frankenstein Trike $12K
1955 1st Chevy 3100 Pickup $30K
05 BMW X5
1990 Chevy 4x4
2001 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Coffintrailer $1K
post #6 of 9 Old 10-08-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

I had no idea about the multiple closings thanks for the information. Frustrating. My previous dealer (I'm southern IN) was located in Indy (rfalconepowersports), and they dropped both BMW and Indian (last month). I suppose this recall will give me a chance to introduce myself to new dealer.
post #7 of 9 Old 10-08-2019, 06:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstBMWfirstBagger View Post
I had no idea about the multiple closings thanks for the information. Frustrating. My previous dealer (I'm southern IN) was located in Indy (rfalconepowersports), and they dropped both BMW and Indian (last month). I suppose this recall will give me a chance to introduce myself to new dealer.
Welcome from Tennessee!

Obviously, you're talking Louisville, KY with that location.

The thing is there is a dealer in Lou-EE-ville, KY, and the Knoxville, TN dealership, "Good Times," which bills itself as being in the suburb of Alcoa, TN, is actually located in the even smaller suburb of Lou-ISS-ville, TN, but spelled the same as the big ol' Louisville, KY. So technically, there are dealers in Louisville, KY and Louisville, TN.

Nashville and Bloodworth would be the closest TN dealer to you, but still pretty far away.

Joey

2019 K1600GT Option 719 Blue Planet Metallic, Brown Seat, Forged Wheels
2006 K1200S
2014 Yamaha FZ-09
post #8 of 9 Old 10-08-2019, 08:33 PM

Garage
Weelcome Y'All (as he gives away his knowledge of Florence). Two comments

One. You jinxed yourself with that username as not many people get away with owning one BMW (it now has a best by date and the clock is ticking)
Two. Thats a big change from Roadracer to bagger.. lifestyle change? Why not the GT?

2012 BMW K1600GTL
post #9 of 9 Old 10-10-2019, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobervol View Post
Welcome from Tennessee!

Obviously, you're talking Louisville, KY with that location.

The thing is there is a dealer in Lou-EE-ville, KY, and the Knoxville, TN dealership, "Good Times," which bills itself as being in the suburb of Alcoa, TN, is actually located in the even smaller suburb of Lou-ISS-ville, TN, but spelled the same as the big ol' Louisville, KY. So technically, there are dealers in Louisville, KY and Louisville, TN.

Nashville and Bloodworth would be the closest TN dealer to you, but still pretty far away.

Well naturally there's two Louisville dealers! And you're correct: I'm referring to the KY one. My next closest option is Champaign Illinois.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthling View Post
Weelcome Y'All (as he gives away his knowledge of Florence). Two comments

One. You jinxed yourself with that username as not many people get away with owning one BMW (it now has a best by date and the clock is ticking)
Two. Thats a big change from Roadracer to bagger.. lifestyle change? Why not the GT?

I honestly considered that about my username, then I thought that's good problem to have. And I can see why people are repeat buyers they make a fantastic line of motorcycles.

I'm embarrassed to admit how long I spent thinking about your second comment. Long story short: I started at "I want a new motorcycle" clean slate open to just about any bike. Took a long (read: obsessive) journey through many different manufacturers and models. In the end the B ticked the most boxes for us. Wife doesn't ride much, but has a lot more since we got it (have pilon backrest from WL installed). I'd be lying if I didn't confess that I still wonder if I should have gone with a GA or GT

That said - I'm very happy with my choice! I steal a look every chance I get. Find excuses to be in garage. It's like when I started riding. I can't believe how well it handles. I had to climb all over it with the stock tires but since I put on the RSIII's thing is on rails. Smiles/mile equals good money spent in my book.
Scott Titensor and earthling like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page