BMW K1600 Forum banner

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Lowell216 
#1 ·
Hello all, looking forward to gaining access to all the great posts and tech answers.
Baitweller

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Do you own a K, and if so, which model and year? If not, are you just here to consider the purchase of one? And yes, I believe it is 3 posts in the new member area before admin can unlock you to post throughout the forum. It keeps the bots and spam to a minimum.

#5 ·
Hey guys,

I've been looking at the K1600's since they came out but a bit pricey at the time so here it is many years later and I finally got one. I picked up a very low mileage 2012 with 9,200 on the clock in near mint condition! Very happy and very HEAVY for my short legs so I'm getting GARS lowering links. Many more mods to come so I'll be here often for some good experienced advice.

#7 ·
Welcome!

As they say, why buy new when you can buy used (pre-owned for the uppity crowd :wink:) and let someone else take the depreciation hit?

Jeff

Reactions: onad
#9 ·
Congrats and welcome! Glad you're here.

#11 ·
I sent a PM to GARS for you. It looks like he's had problems in the past getting his private messages. Looks like that might have been a few months ago. Maybe it's working for him now. I guess you'll find out.

BTW, this appears to be your third post. If it's been approved, then you should be good now with the extended "privileges"/rights.

Jeff

#13 ·
Thank you both very much for the assistance. Lowell216, I also saw the Ebay links but they seem to be only 3/4"-1" depending on our preload settings. I'm looking for 1-1/2" lower. At some point we'll take this conversation out of the New Member area. Sorry to tie this up with my Stuff
Baitweller

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.