BMW K1600 Forum banner

Hello from Michigan

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  jryan19 
#1 ·
Greetings from the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Right along the southern shore of Lake Superior.
I currently ride a 2004 BMW K1200LT that has about 130k miles. Dreaming about an update as I near retirement. I am very undecided about what that new bike would be but I am mostly interested in the Grand America version of the K-bikes. My intentions here are to just hang out and peruse the threads of interest.

#4 ·
WEL-=6=-OME @Munmi

I put over 5k miles in the upper part of our state this season. Probably rode right by where you are multiple times. This upcoming riding season, we will meet for lunch.

Reactions: Munmi
#5 · (Edited)
Those LT’s are nice rides. I sold my 2005 with 148,000 miles about 4 1/2 years ago and the new owner is still going on her.

I bought a 2014 GTL and was truly in love with the bike until I totaled her in February of 2018. The Grand America had not long been introduced and I had decided that it was gonna be the replacement. The GA is the bike I always wished that BMW would build. Plenty of the normal BMW power handling and tech bundled into the most beautiful styling IMHO.

I wish that medical issues would allow me to keep her, but the knees aren’t gonna allow it.

This is a great place to do your research. There are lots of great knowledgeable people on this forum. Best of luck.

#10 ·
Welcome from snowed-in metro Detroit!

Reactions: PLAGUE
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.