BMW K1600 Forum banner

New guy from N. Ga.

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Beamerdude 
#1 ·
Hey Guys & Girls, I've taken the plunge and just acquired a 2013 K-1600 GTL.
I have very limited knowledge of the BMW bikes beside the 96 R 1100RS that I bought for my wife some number of years ago. I did do some maintenance on that bike and it was an experience for me having dealt more with inline 4 cylinder bikes. My first impression of the K-1600 on my 1 hour ride home on back roads was holy chit, I was impressed with the handling and excelleration of a fairly big bike.The options on this beast are kind of intimidating. Guess I'll learn the bike with riding experience. I do have quite a few years on several sport tourers. The only down side that I've noticed is the weight of this machine. It's a little heavier then the FJR I have been riding.
I look foward to learning from the members of this forum. I've already gotten some good info here.
Thank you & Merry Christmas to everyone.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride. Yeah, the first ride out can be a little surprising, but if you cam from the FJR, you'll have no problems with the K bike. It is a little heavier at rest, but as soon as you get rolling, it's fine. Enjoy the new beast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.