Learned the hard way that I'm not indestructible. Alpinestars has countless race crash data captures which prove that there is a 96% reduction in impact forces with their Tech Air system. Bottom of helmet to waist protection, including the entire spine. This one is for street use, as they are developing their off-road version right now in the 2019 Dakar.
I will continue to use my Helite for off-road riding.
Spent nearly an hour talking with the Alpinestars company employees about the system. I now have a high level of confidence that this is the best protection available.
I have one and its your fault I have it. You may recall around a year ago you put up a post about this stuff. I showed your post to my wife, with a bit of a laugh and that was that (I thought).
A few days later, I was told to order one and got it in March last year.
I have the BMW version (which is the same, only its inside a BMW jacket).
What I have learned:
1. My dealer did not have a clue, they handed it to me I paid and left.
2. Shortly after starting to use it, it developed a fault, it would not arm itself properly, the problem was intermittent, but when riding the status light on the left arm would turn red.
3. In September, I did a 10 day trip to Europe and it worked about 50% of the time, so I complained to the dealer and Alpinestars.
4. I learned that I had to have an account on Alpinestars, plug the vest into my computer for diagnostics.
5. My dealer did not know this and had to go around in lots of circles before they could register the vest as something I had purchased. This took about a month.
6. Eventually an account was setup and I was able to register the vest and it showed over 41 failures due to a arm sensor.
7. I sent the file to my dealer, who went around in larger circles trying to get the vest replaced, eventually, a new vest arrived at the dealers.
8. When I arrived at the dealer we plugged in the new vest and it all looked ok, then we had a look at the connections between the jacket and the vest and one connection looked frayed.
9. 5 seconds later the connector separated from the wire.
10. I was offered a replacement jacket there and then and took the one off the display.
11. I now have new vest and jacket to try this year, hopefully it will be OK.
Good luck RL, hope you never need it.