Fall ride on the 666 in Arizona - Page 15 - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums
 73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 161 Old 10-10-2019, 11:04 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
Departing this afternoon (Thurs 10/10). Looks like decent weather through the desert. I'll stop tonight somewhere between Blythe and Phoenix. See you tomorrow.
Safe travels to all.
Steven,
If you feel like a slight diversion, you're welcome to stay the night with me in Prescott. I'm going up later this morning (from Tempe) to spend the night. Friday morning Jim (Arizona Jim), Paul (TallBoy) and I will be heading over to Alpine. You're more than welcome to "go with" although it will surely add some mileage to your first leg.

Clay
480 five six o 96 eight 2

Clay
2012 GTL
2003 LT
2001 Harley T-Sport
2001 Harley T-Sport (crashed @ Tortilla Flats)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 161 Old 10-10-2019, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Just talked to Brian (bbolesaz) and he recommended a side trip and a restaurant for a mid day stop. Below are a couple maps one showing the side trip on 174 out of Glenwood, New Mexico. It's a National Trails location called Cat Walk. There is a slot canyon with a raised metal walkway through it. The other is a town map showing the restaurant (Daley Diner) and a Conoco gas station for those who want to top off their tanks.

I have made up maps of these locations and the loop itself that I will hand out to anyone wanting an analog GPS. Brian says he can do the 211 mile loop in a lot less than the 6 hours Basecamp suggests so we should have plenty of time to enjoy ourselves.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. You all have a fun getting here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf catwalk.pdf (71.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: pdf Morenci.pdf (108.8 KB, 13 views)

2016 Glacier Silver/matte blue vinyl wrap GTL
1975 Daytona Orange R90S
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650
IBA#9293 BMWRA#41092 BMWMOA#185857
2004 Red Corvette
2005 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler
post #143 of 161 Old 10-10-2019, 12:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Jim View Post
Just talked to Brian (bbolesaz) and he recommended a side trip and a restaurant for a mid day stop. Below are a couple maps one showing the side trip on 174 out of Glenwood, New Mexico. It's a National Trails location called Cat Walk. There is a slot canyon with a raised metal walkway through it. The other is a town map showing the restaurant (Daley Diner) and a Conoco gas station for those who want to top off their tanks.

I have made up maps of these locations and the loop itself that I will hand out to anyone wanting an analog GPS. Brian says he can do the 211 mile loop in a lot less than the 6 hours Basecamp suggests so we should have plenty of time to enjoy ourselves.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. You all have a fun getting here.
That's a good side trip Jim. Brother and I did this several years back. Thanks for the tip Brian.

Clay
2012 GTL
2003 LT
2001 Harley T-Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 161 Old 10-10-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooddog View Post
Steven,
If you feel like a slight diversion, you're welcome to stay the night with me in Prescott. I'm going up later this morning (from Tempe) to spend the night. Friday morning Jim (Arizona Jim), Paul (TallBoy) and I will be heading over to Alpine. You're more than welcome to "go with" although it will surely add some mileage to your first leg.

Clay
480 five six o 96 eight 2
Thanks for the offer Clay. If I had a bit more time it would great to meet up with the Prescott guys. I may be getting a late start today due to work. Next time I'll plan a little better.
See you out there...be safe.
post #145 of 161 Old 10-10-2019, 12:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenB View Post
Thanks for the offer Clay. If I had a bit more time it would great to meet up with the Prescott guys. I may be getting a late start today due to work. Next time I'll plan a little better.
See you out there...be safe.
See you there..

Clay
2012 GTL
2003 LT
2001 Harley T-Sport
post #146 of 161 Old 10-10-2019, 07:32 PM

Disappointed to report I will not make the ride. I was looking forward to meeting you all, but the weather just did not let up in time. Will cancel my room unless someone needs a queen bed for 2 nights.
post #147 of 161 Old 10-10-2019, 09:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffitz View Post
Disappointed to report I will not make the ride. I was looking forward to meeting you all, but the weather just did not let up in time. Will cancel my room unless someone needs a queen bed for 2 nights.
Sorry to hear you wont make it.

Freedom is the miles I'm rollin' on!

2014 GTL
2016 S1000 XR
post #148 of 161 Old 10-10-2019, 09:55 PM

Garage
Prediction here is for 29 degrees in the morning here. Been picking tomatoes like crazy this afternoon. Got out the thermals and heated gear. Plan to leave here about 8 am CDT. See y’all middle afternoon manana.
Darbinco likes this.

Roland
"The Eyes of Texas are Upon You" except those in cages talking on the phone, texting, reading newspapers, applying makeup, scratching their n*ts, ................................................

15 GTL (looking for a new home)
16 R1200 GSA
17 CVO Limited
18 GTL
post #149 of 161 Old 10-10-2019, 10:25 PM

Rsmith, check into NM-152 from Hillsboro, NM to Silver City, NM. One of the top 10 riding roads in America.
post #150 of 161 Old 10-14-2019, 01:23 AM

Pictures from the ride

I didn't take many pictures, but created a Google Photos album of six from the ride. It's a shared album, so feel free to add your own if you have a Google account, or send them to me and I'll add them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page