BMW K1600 Forum banner

Fall ride on the 666 in Arizona

38K views 222 replies 35 participants last post by  MajMikey 
#1 ·
Let's discuss a group ride this Fall that will include the Coronado Trail ie: old 666. I'm thinking at least a 3 day ride. First night ( Friday) we gather in Show Low. Second day we ride to Eager then down the 666 to 78 then over to Silver City for that night. Third day (Sunday) ride back to our homes which ever way works the best for everyone. That second day ride is 266 miles but will take about 10 hours with stops and lunch. That third day could be long depending on where you live but then your home.

First blush I'm thinking sometime in October. I for one have an obligation in Iowa mid September. Let's talk it up. With or without SO I don't care.

#4 ·
I am definitely interested!

#9 · (Edited)
Don't know, that's kinda a rowdy crowd gathering. Why not, O.K.
If Roland's in, it should be safe.

Was a little worried about you Zonie hoodlums the last time, but the criminal activity was kept to a minimum. Since I'm not single anymore, I'll need to curb it back some. >:)

Reactions: gooddog
#10 ·
Last time I rode into Show Low, it rained for a couple of hours coming from Tombstone. Got up in the morning to 26 degrees at 6 AM. Was expecting black ice at the worst, rain at the best. Waited until 9 AM and rode perfectly clear to Prescott in the 60s.

I'd love to join you but am having back problems. I can ride but it's hard getting on and off the bike. Going for tests soon. Might be feeling better by October. Call me tentative but interested.

#11 · (Edited)
Sounds like ya'll out West are gonna have some fun. I've never even heard of this road, but it sounds kewl enough to need its own happy, catchy song, something like "Get Satanic kicks...on route 666."

It looks like the Devil's Highway was actually 191 from the other thread, but please tell me it's 666.

#14 ·
That stretch just feels like He*l Darb. My brother and I got caught in stopped traffic by the highway dept. repairing the road. At a standstill on the bikes in the summer for one hour. Mucho fun!

Reactions: Darbinco
#15 ·
#18 · (Edited)
looking at your Oct ride you must still be working on this years Kitchen Pass.

By the looks of your route to GF MOA next summer you will be back on the Coronado Trail.

#19 ·
@Chris H , get over on this thread that Arizona Jim started

#20 ·
Already have a 2 night reservation in Pinetop the weekend of 4 October. Will ride from Ft Worth to ABQ on Thursday evening. Friday from ABQ down to T&C and over the 152 to Silver City... over to Morenci and north up the 191 to Pinetop. Saturday, 5 Oct is 1 of 2 days per year the Trinity Site is open on WSMR. Will get in a IBA SS1K for the “Atomic 1K”... to include the 191. Sunday = haul ass for home back in Ft Worth.

Absolutely love that Coronado Trail. It’s worth the ride out from TX a couple times per year.

#22 ·
I'm getting lots of questions as to when. How about October 11,12,13. Meeting in Show Low Friday the 11th. As it gets closer I'll scope out the motels in both Show Low and Silver City.

#23 ·
Sounds like good dates to me.

#33 ·
Oooh, I'm intrigued. Last time I did 666 I was on a Honda 919. Not having a sore saddle the entire ride sounds mighty nice.

Can non BMWs play, too? My brothers live in the PHX metro as well. One rocks an '84 Goldwing and the other some sort of touring Harley (I honestly can't keep the naming conventions straight).

#35 · (Edited)
Can non BMWs play, too? My brothers live in the PHX metro as well. One rocks an '84 Goldwing and the other some sort of touring Harley (I honestly can't keep the naming conventions straight).
Sure, I'm into brothers riding together.
This is getting big already. We'll probably have to ride the 666 in small groups to maximize safety and fun. I'll set up a poll later to get a head count to set up motels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.