• 1 Post By ScotsWhaHae
  • 1 Post By claw
  • 1 Post By claw
  • 1 Post By AndyspK16

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 11-25-2019, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Insurance Renewal time!!

Just did the MCN compare comparison, and whilst not quite the cheapest but comes with UK and Europe breakdown recovery, UK breakdown recovery with homestart, insured to ride another bike and the usual £100k legal cover, all done by..
Mackenzie/ Hodgson Insurance

If your thinking those names ring a bell its Niall Mackenzie and Neil Hodgson the bike racers who must have started their own company.

Fully comp for the year £176.37

Voluntary of £300 and compulsory £350 saving me quite a bit over last year. (Carol Nash were £30 more with same excess)

I know insurance can vary alot from where you live, if you have a locked garage etc, but may come in handy for any of you guys come renewal time.

https://www.mackenziehodgson.co.uk/about-us
Geoff_3 likes this.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaim: "Wow, what a ride".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-25-2019, 05:41 PM

Garage
You folks certainly do pay more for insurance than we do. Ironic considering my jones for things fast.
Geoff_3 and claw like this.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-25-2019, 05:41 PM

Garage
.....interesting to note that their Policies are actually arranged/administered by Carole Nash, quite often the case, one company apparently trading however it’s actually a well known company sitting quietly in the background. You’ll see the details at the foot of their “About Us” Page.

I’ll get a Quote anyway as I have a policy due for renewal at the month end.
Geoff_3 likes this.

from memory.... Suzuki 250, 550 Kawasaki 750, 1000, 1100 Honda 350, 900, 1100, 1800
BMW 1100, 1150, 1200, 1250, 1600
.....they all made me Smile & I'm still vertical, still riding!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-25-2019, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
My Hastings Direct renewal had doubled since last year

No claims or speeding convictions and I had a nice letter to say they would automatically renew my policy in a couple of days time.
They'll be receiving a phone call tomorrow to politely explain where they can place it
Geoff_3 likes this.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaim: "Wow, what a ride".
post #5 of 6 Old 11-25-2019, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfalkenstein View Post
You folks certainly do pay more for insurance than we do. Ironic considering my jones for things fast.

Rip off Britain, were used to it
Geoff_3 likes this.

post #6 of 6 Old 11-25-2019, 07:15 PM

Garage
Claw,
Interesting, I just received my renewal from Carole Nash and thought I would compare.
At first glance Mackenzie Hodgson Insurance is about £100 cheaper and includes legal and uk/European breakdown.
I did get a quote from Devitt who appeared to be cheaper but when adding things on fora like for like comparison came out slightly more expensive than Carole Nash.
I also obtained a quote from MCE and they came out cheaper than the others providing you donít want breakdown cover.
If you have your BMW warranty that includes breakdown cover mce seems cheaper
Geoff_3 likes this.

2017 GTSE Red Reverse gear, Gear Shift Assist Pro, Automatic Damping, Topbox with Brakelight
2014 GTSE White, Keyless Ride, Audio, Hill Start Control, LED Fog Lights
2012 GTSE White, improved switches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page