BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Could possibly be a loose battery connection. I had a very similar problem as you're describing on my former Kawi C14. Tightened it up and off I went.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I checked the terminals. All buttoned up and tight. I'd think the engine would still try to turn over at 11.5V but all I get is a solenoid-style click...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I checked the terminals. All buttoned up and tight. I'd think the engine would still try to turn over at 11.5V but all I get is a solenoid-style click...
Nope at that voltage your battery is done, and when you then put aload on it trying to start it's draging it even lower

·
Registered
114 Posts
Where are you located? I've got a used Odyssey PC680 in my garage that is kept charged, if you want it. Free! I'm near Charlotte, NC.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Weeeeelllll, wouldn't jump start. That's not great.

Headed home with an Uber. Guess the bike will be stranded a few days while I get a battery, drop the acid, and charge.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Dropping the acid.

I can't tell if the yt19bl-bs is correct. Looks too tall for the 2018.... Parts counter says it is correct.

Edit: yuasa says this is only good until the 2017 models. Uggg. There goes a whole day of charging.

·
Registered
2013 GTL
583 Posts
OK, I haven't had the need to add acid to a battery for ages, always buy sealed batteries.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I've never not needed to add the acid. I'd love to find one ready to rock... But that's impossible with bike batteries in my experience

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
OK, I see now that it ships dry, which will be the first sealed battery that I've bought that ships dry.
The electrolyte is shipped in a separate container. Easy peasy.

Joe

Reactions: 1004ron
21 - 40 of 56 Posts