·
Registered
2013 GTL
583 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I can't tell if the yt19bl-bs is correct. Looks too tall for the 2018.... Parts counter says it is correct.

Edit: yuasa says this is only good until the 2017 models. Uggg. There goes a whole day of charging.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Battery was massive compared to the one I took out. Did get it jury rigged and bike started up. Now to repeat the whole process with the correct battery. Ugh

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Why not just go to your nearest BMW dealer and get the OEM battery. Pretty simple solution to a non issue of a dead battery.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Pulled in to work. Shut the bike off to fill the tire with air. Tried to start it - Christmas tree dash. Click and the whole bike shuts off and display restarts.

Seeing all kinds of weird warning lights: front light failure, severe engine fault, no key, DTC errors (not the one when the bike first starts).

I'm hoping it's just a battery thing. Bike dash says 11.9 V. Thoughts?
Do a load test to rule out the battery. Also check ALL the ground wires!
TC

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Well, I put a fresh battery in and it started. Suggests a bad battery.

Plus, hard to do a load test when the bike is "broken down" at work

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
is it not possible to pop start these bikes?
Bump starting worked great in days of old when carburetors were on everything. EFI requires battery voltage in order to function.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
They give you a car battery?;)
Nope. Apparently there is a difference in battery box size between the 2018 and 2017 MY and their system listed the larger battery for both MY.

I never trust the dealer implicitly and usually know exactly what I need but I'm new to the bike and was flustered trying to get home in the back of an Uber and just bought what they said was right....c'est la vie.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts