BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I like those mirrors. They look more useful than the pointy factory ones.

·
Registered
62 Posts
K1600 Trike

I like it too, and wonder what electronic features could be available, what type of rear axle, and suspension/braking system. It Looks great!:smile:

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Maybe some day... Assuming when the time comes I can still afford it....
:grin:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I like those mirrors. They look more useful than the pointy factory ones.
If you are referring to the right and left side mirrors they look like factory items. The "pointy" ones are old style on GTL's. Personally I think this thing looks like it should be on water ala Jet-Ski. A solution for a non-existent problem. It looks big enough to qualify for an oversize load permit.

Rick H.

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Never....ever. But I can appreciate the build of such a machine.
This. I love the look, the craftsmanship, and the engineering.

But to me, the whole motorcycling thing is about two wheels, unless you’re traveling sidecar with a SO.

When the point comes I can’t do that any longer physically, I’ll probably go the Slingshot route or just get a convertible. Open air like a trike; doesn’t lean, like a trike; but more comfort. But always, to each their own.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Very cooooool just to see others riding like that. NEVER EVER for me too. Putting a trike on my GA, I can see her crying in my garage....why?....why? I hate you. However, take that white one and imagine it with the colors of the new GT.....YUM. I actually think it is a crime to add a wheel to any K. I can see it on GW or HD, never ever on a BMW. Happy trike ride to all.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Does it pull to the left?
It pulls to the right on any road that is crowned and canted to the right. This can be partially corrected by reducing the left tire pressure by 2 PSI compared to the right. Mine is set to 39 PSI left and 41 PSI right. The pull to the right is much less noticeable.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Must be a Hannigan ............ we had a forum member some years back who was an early adopter .........

https://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-k1600-month-contest/25729-first-production-model-1600-gtl-trike.html

Details/prices, for those interested can be found here ........... BMW K1600GT/GTL Conversion ? Hannigan Motorsports
I purchased this in Feb 2019, built in 2014. 1300 original miles. The trike is in addition to my 2014 R1200RTW which has seen lreduced use since I developed back and hip issues. Aside from not being able to lean into the turns, it offers an incredible ride which should serve me well for the future. I am 77, and don’t plan to give up motorcycling anytime soon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Trikes aren't for me either. If I had to go 3 wheels, I might go Can-Am. I purchased my former Yamaha from a dealer right down the street who deals in Can-Am Ducati and Aprilia as well. They're quite comfy to sit on. Have never test driven/ridden one.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Trikes aren't for me either. If I had to go 3 wheels, I might go Can-Am. I purchased my former Yamaha from a dealer right down the street who deals in Can-Am Ducati and Aprilia as well. They're quite comfy to sit on. Have never test driven/ridden one.
My wife rides a CanAm F3 which is fairly low to the ground. The CanAm RT is set up as more of a touring bike. Ive tried riding hers and much prefer my 1600GTL Hannigan trike. Larger engine, great ergonomics, and it is a BMW.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Not for me. The day before I can no longer ride my 2015 GT, I'll buy a new Mazda Miata.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts