BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2018 K1600B
374 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
Thanks. 30 lbs seems about right for something like a 40L dry bag or similar.
I think the 5kg BS is just more lawyer speak.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I redesigned my rack/backrest support to expand the luggage options for the B rider. The rack still allows rear fender flap access for tire changes. You have seat removal without having to remove any rack hardware. Six points of contact for optimal support/stability and ease of installation with stock BMW hardware. The installation requires the T-30 in your tool kit on the bike and a philips head screwdriver.

Powder coated black to match the B.

Pricing is as follows:

$375 + shipping for rack(flat plate) and side mounting brackets (ideal for mounting your Shad or Givi top case)

$425 + shipping for rack/backrest support and side mounting brackets (does not include backrest pad) I chose the
Saddlemen Explorer G Tech Sissy Pad 9" from J & P Cycles. Backrest support will fit most any backrest pad of your
choice. Ideal for your passenger's comfort and security. Rack provides tie down options to secure your soft luggage.

I normally ship through FedEx 3-day ground which gives the most economical advantage to the consumer. I accept PayPal for payment and you can private message me for more details.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I redesigned my rack/backrest support to expand the luggage options for the B rider. The rack still allows rear fender flap access for tire changes. You have seat removal without having to remove any rack hardware. Six points of contact for optimal support/stability and ease of installation with stock BMW hardware. The installation requires the T-30 in your tool kit on the bike and a philips head screwdriver.

Pricing is as follows:

$375 + shipping for rack(flat plate) and side mounting brackets (ideal for mounting your Shad or Givi top case)

$425 + shipping for rack/backrest support and side mounting brackets (does not include backrest pad) I chose the
Saddlemen Explorer G Tech Sissy Pad 9" from J & P Cycles. Backrest support will fit most any backrest pad of your
choice. Ideal for your passenger's comfort and security. Rack provides tie down options to secure your soft luggage.

I normally ship through FedEx 3-day ground which gives the most economical advantage to the consumer. I accept PayPal for payment and you can private message me for more details.

Pricing is as follows:

I am interested in purchasing the "$425 + shipping for rack/backrest support and side mounting brackets". Call me at 732-497-7002 Randy

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Very interested unable to pm you. New to forum. Can you send me total cost for shipping to Ontario Canada
825racing,

Thank you for your interest in my rack. If you want to email me at: [email protected] I can give you more info and pics. I have shipped to Ontario, Canada and shipping ranges from $50 to $60. If you give me your zip code (postal code), I can calculate shipping more accurately. I usually ship FedEx ground and will give you a tracking number once I ship. Just send me a quick email when you can.

Later,
Dean

·
Registered
9 Posts

Pricing is as follows:

Hi Tanner - are you still producing these?

·
Registered
2 Posts
825racing,

Thank you for your interest in my rack. If you want to email me at: [email protected] I can give you more info and pics. I have shipped to Ontario, Canada and shipping ranges from $50 to $60. If you give me your zip code (postal code), I can calculate shipping more accurately. I usually ship FedEx ground and will give you a tracking number once I ship. Just send me a quick email when you can.

Later,
Dean
Morning Tanner,

Reaching out to see if you are still offering a rack option for the B. My wife wants/needs a top box for travel and I’m at a loss…. Ur set-up looks mint as it can provide and backrest when the top box is not used.

please share details of how to order and what plate I will need for the Shad box.

thx, Trygve

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Morning Tanner,

Reaching out to see if you are still offering a rack option for the B. My wife wants/needs a top box for travel and I’m at a loss…. Ur set-up looks mint as it can provide and backrest when the top box is not used.

please share details of how to order and what plate I will need for the Shad box.

thx, Trygve
Trygve,

I just replied to your email. My email is: [email protected] for more info and pictures.

Later,
Dean (Tanner on the Forum)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Tanner what is the turnaround time on the backrest and rack set-up. Also do you have a recommendation on the passenger backrest pad? thanks
Tanner what is the turnaround time on the backrest and rack set-up. Also do you have a recommendation on the passenger backrest pad? thanks
Rocket Rick,

I will have another production run in about a week, if you want to email me at: [email protected] I can give you more information. The backrest pads that I have recommended are the Saddlemen brand as they are made in the USA and they build a quality product. A very reputable company. The website is: Explorer™ Contoured Pad - Universal and other online stores carry their products. Revzilla, J&P Cycles, etc.

Later,
Dean (Tanner on the Forum)

·
Registered
1 Posts

Pricing is as follows:

Pricing is as follows:

Hello will this unit fit the 2022 B ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered the rack + backrest bracket for my 2022 K1600B Tuesday of this week, and received it today (Friday). Dean was prompt in answering my questions, and shipping of the product was Amazon-like speed :). The backrest is a Saddlemen contoured pad (plain) ordered thru Amazon ($79.00), and also received today. I was nervous with the matching of colors between the Saddlemen pad and my stock seat, but it worked out very nicely.

Installation of the rack was easy and straightforward. The install guide is precise, but verbose. Simple schematics would have been welcome. The recently added reinforcement for the backrest bracket is excellent :). For screws, I would have preferred Stainless Steel button head Hex or Torx in a Black Oxide finish. I was unable to ascertain the type of material used for the provided screws, but if they are normal black oxide steel (as opposed to stainless steel), these wouldn't be rust resistant. Other than this minor detail, which can be easily remedied by ordering different screws at Mc-Master-Carr, engineering of the rack support structure is excellent, and the powder coated mat paint should resist the test of time.

Altogether, I am very happy with the result.

See pictures below.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Helmet

Tire Automotive design Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

The backrest provides a rock-solid support for my dog carrier, and the rack will allow me to add extra luggage for long trips, and if I ever have a passenger, that backrest is a must-have given the K1600 blistering accelerations :)

41 - 60 of 60 Posts