BMW K1600 Forum banner

1st Trip on K 1600 GTL

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ReRide 
#1 ·
Just bought this in March (2020 GTL). Finally got the opportunity to take a trip on it. Traded a CVO Road Glide for it. Road Glide was very comfortable on the road and so is the GTL. No discomfort. Different riding position from the HD but don't feel cramped at all. Loving this change. Especially the raw power and handling of this thing.

Day 1 was from Sequim to Spokane. Nothing exciting, just a lot of Interstate.

Day 2 (today) was Spokane to Bonners Ferry, Bonners Ferry to Kalispell, Kalispell to Missoula. If you ever get the chance take Hwy 2 from BF to Kalispell. Beautiful ride, great road conditions. Kalispell to Missoula was pretty nice too. Pass through several small towns. Very little Interstate today. Beautiful weather in the 60's to mid 70's.

Day 3 is Lolo Pass to Kennewick. Never done this route before but have heard great reports about the ride. Looking forward to this.

Day 4 is Kennewick to 12, 12 to I5, I5 to 101 up the east side of the Olympic Peninsula.

Just having a blast on this trip and loving this bike.

See less See more
#2 ·
You're going to like Lolo Pass. I prefer going east, (up hill) but both ways are fun. There is a lodge at the Lolo Hot springs, recommend staying there and take a soak. And just as you turn onto 12 from Missoula, take a stop at Travelers Rest. The only confirmed actual camp spot of the Lewis and Clark expedition. Only takes a few minutes, but worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.