BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my recently purchased bike it appears my handlebars are not correctly centered. It annoyed me my whole 400 mile ride home with the new purchase. Granted my career was a professional architectural photographer so my attention to alignment is quite precise. Using the forums search function I found the bars can be easily removed by removing the center nut, are there multiple spline options where I could easily just shift them over and have correct alignment? Has anyone else noticed this as well?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yes; you’ll need a 27mm socket to remove the nut, then there are fairly fine splines which allow a reasonable degree of choice to get the alignment correct. Torque is 90nm when replacing the nut, don’t forget a bit of Loctite.

·
Mr.Fix It
7,222 Posts
@I AM James , you're the first to report an anomaly with handlebar alignment. Having had my handlebars off a time or 2 I can say being off one tooth is VERY noticeable; one glance and you instantly know you've got it wrong.
That being said there's only one way to find out if your handlebars are incorrectly installed...

Duane

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes; you’ll need a 27mm socket to remove the nut, then there are fairly fine splines which allow a reasonable degree of choice to get the alignment correct. Torque is 90nm when replacing the nut, don’t forget a bit of Loctite.
Thanks Heli, adjusted and torqued!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@I AM James , you're the first to report an anomaly with handlebar alignment. Having had my handlebars off a time or 2 I can say being off one tooth is VERY noticeable; one glance and you instantly know you've got it wrong.
That being said there's only one way to find out if your handlebars are incorrectly installed...

Duane
Thanks Duane, it was 1 spline off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts