BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to purchase a 2022 Grand American and not sure if I should sell or trade my current bike.
Whats the best way to proceed on a sale without a bunch of hassle? Ideally a consignment perhaps where I dont have to field a bunch of calls.

White 2013 BMW GT 24,424 miles - all service records.

Galveston, Texas

·
Registered
79 Posts
Find a friendly dealer like "Superbike Showroom" who will pick up your bike and sell it for you. Trading to a BMW dealer is great for the dealer--not so good for you as they make more money on your used bike than on the sale of a new bike, but then that's their business model. Personally, I'd just put an add in CL or eBay and let the calls go to some young guy who'll field them and show your bike. I say this as a guy who had a 2016GT that I traded through an independent dealer in NorCal called Marin Speedshop--great folks and fair when it comes to flipping a bike, but they are not BMW dealers, only Ducati and Triumph. So I ended up with a V4S that I love almost as much as my K1600B.

·
Mr.Fix It
8,759 Posts
@kevin121anderson , as I'm sure you know, you'll almost always do better selling than trading-in. The '13 GT, with your kind of miles, good shape, should go for $9000-$10,000. My estimate is based on what I've seen on the forum and other websites during the past year; e.g. craigslist, eBay, Cycle Trader, etc.

Duane

Reactions: 1KPerDay and PLAGUE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts