BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
View attachment 150673 View attachment 150674

For this 6'4" pilot, these value-priced adapters make a huge difference. Forward and down movement results in a huge difference in knee angle and height of knee relative to the ground. I couldn't believe how much quicker I was on the pegs moving from a stoplight. Best of all, no adjustment of either control lever were required.
Could you post a link to where you got them? Wondering if they will work on a B as well.
View attachment 150673 View attachment 150674

For this 6'4" pilot, these value-priced adapters make a huge difference. Forward and down movement results in a huge difference in knee angle and height of knee relative to the ground. I couldn't believe how much quicker I was on the pegs moving from a stoplight. Best of all, no adjustment of either control lever were required.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I am pleased with the lowered BMW pegs. Being forward of stock and down, I have not had issues at any stoplights. In fact, being lowered increased my safety as I could more easily be back on the pegs. Duck walking the machine backwards into the batcave, no issues. Some may prefer adjusting the gearshift lever, but to me, it is fine. If you are long of leg, you are likely long of foot as well, so it is simple to click the lever upwards.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Victor 60 , how do they affect your footing at a stop? more or less in the way when standing? as one with a 36" inseam these may be practical for me too.
On the k1600gtl the lowered pegs gave me a slightly wider stance but less of a tightly angled knee, which released tension in my body overall during the ride. I wear a ten so the occasional rear brake action wasn’t really affected and the shifter position wasn’t really affected either, so I am basically not riding either while riding.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts