BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: I had listed this motorcycle fully farkled, but I've now stripped every farkle off and am selling them separately. I've updated the listing below. Photos will be up later!

2013 BMW K1600GTL
Dark Graphite Metallic
32,000 miles (approximately)
Asking: $9,000
Location: Long Island, NY. I'm willing to travel some distance, I have a trailer that I can put it on. Also, if you're interested in a fly and ride, I can meet you at JFK, LGA or ISP airports.

The time has come for me to downsize my motorcycle. We have a little one on the way and the wife and I won't be doing any touring in the foreseeable future, so I'm looking for something smaller, simpler and more naked for my weekend rides and my daily commute. But first, I must let this bike go.

The history: I purchased this bike in February of 2018 from Max BMW in Brookfield, CT. I am the second owner. The first owner put on about 12k miles and I put on the balance.

The condition: Mechanically, this bike runs flawlessly. All oil changes have been done with Castrol Power1 and Mahle filters, the last of which was done in November, about 400 miles ago. The tires are Dunlop RS III's with about 3k miles on the rear and 5.5k on the front. Battery is an Odyssey and is less than a year old, the air filter and the rear brake pads were replaced about 6k miles ago (EBC pads) and brake fluid flushed and bled just this week. New front wheel bearings 12k miles ago and final drive oil was replaced with Royal Purple about 15k miles ago. I have a maintenance spread sheet that keep that I can send over to you. What it will need is a valve check at 36K.

Aesthetically, the paint is in great condition. There are some scratches on the panniers, which I've photographed below, and there's a scratch on the top of the top box.

Also, this bikes comes with a LIFETIME SIRIUS\XM Subscription!!!

The motorcycle is now totally stock with the exception of the following:

-Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna
-Speed Bleeders on all 3 calipers
-Black wheels from a GT
-Alt Rider Tank Pads
-Grip Buddies
-Pannier and top case reflective decals
-Black bar ends
-RL Lemke Oil Drain Plug
-iPod Cable

I'm asking $9,000.

This is the NADA value for a trade in. Retail on this bike according to NADA and KBB is $11,100.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
Matthew Congratulations on building your family! Would you sell the farkles separately? If so I've got a few on the list I'm interested in.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Matthew Congratulations on building your family! Would you sell the farkles separately? If so I've got a few on the list I'm interested in.
Thanks Charlie! It's looking like I'm going to trade the bike in, I'll know more by this weekend, if so, ALL the farkles are for sale, come on over and take everything you want! The only things spoken for so far are the seat and the mufflers.

·
Super Moderator
1,236 Posts
PM Sent

·
Registered
6 Posts
How is the coretech tankbag working for you? Which bag do you have and have you had any clearance issues with the bars at full lock?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is the coretech tankbag working for you? Which bag do you have and have you had any clearance issues with the bars at full lock?
Works good, no clearance issues really. If the bag isn't perfectly centered, I have chirped the horn when turning full let lock, but that's about it. I don't know what model it is, I saw it mentioned here somewhere in a post about tank bags and GTL's and someone mentioned they had a used one for sale, so I bought it. They even the the strap modification so you can button it onto the screws under the handlebars. I want to say it's an 8L tank bag or something along those lines?

If I part out, it will be for sale as well, so keep an eye out if you're interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts