BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a 2017 with a Nav VI? If you do could you post a few picts, I am curious if the Nav is off centre on your bike. Thanks

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The posts in HDBeemer's thread, indicate what the NAV VI does not fit perfectly in the dash designed for the NAV V.

If someone has a 2017 bike and a NAV VI then we know all we have to do is order a 2017 version of the dash.

If I was not 2 hour ride from the Dealor, I would go take some picts myself so everyone would know the solution.

Some have suggested that we can put shims behind the Nav VI or try to move the mount the Nav attaches to on the bike, but maybe the solution is another more up to date dash, from a 2017.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I asked my dealer this question last week. As far as they know, it's a carry over part from last years bike. The Navigator VI sits off centre.

Best we can all do is whinge and hope the mothership responds.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
The parts fiche still just shows two versions of the Instrument Cover:

46 63 7 722 507....$50.94....INSTRUMENT COVER (to 08/13)
.........................................WITH RELEASE BUTTON

46 63 8 546 302....$55.02....INSTRUMENT COVER
.........................................WITH RELEASE BUTTON FOR NAVIGATOR 5

No mention of a special Nav VI part.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Looks like only one part number each for the GPS mount & cradle, so no changes there.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for looking up the part numbers. I have seen video of a 2017 with a GPS, from a bike show, it looks fine, but it may have been a Nav V. The person doing the video did not say.

So given the parts have not changed, if a Nav VI looks good in a 2017, then there must be adjustments that can be made,

I do not know what duties or taxes you would have to pay to import one from Canada, but I paid 995.00 Canadian, which is a good deal if you are using USD. If anyone wants to get one I got mine at Atlantic Motoplex in Moncton NB, I can add the phone number if anyone is interested

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hot off the press: the Mothership has released that a new Nav VI compatible Instrument Cover will be available ex Germany in May.

I've ordered mine, no idea of the pricing but bugger it: I need it!

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Heli, wow that is good news!

When you get yours please give us your impression of how well it works along with the new part number.

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Good news on the new GPS dash covers, I hope mounting locations are compatible with my 04' GTL.
I'm think that's supposed to be '14, otherwise it'll be a K1200LT :laugh:

Other than the slight size difference, the other two mounts are the same, so there is no reason to think other than the viewing portal, the new one will be the same as well.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ummmmm

Just got a Nav Vi and put it into my 2017GT Sport. Its fine. I do not need to buy a dash cover. Will take a photo and post it.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
With certain dashboards you cannot reach the buttons to the very right. It is off center by some 3 mm on mine

1 - 20 of 44 Posts