BMW K1600 Forum banner

2018 BMW’s Tame The Tail of the Dragon Participation??

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 399 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2018 BMW’s Tame The Tail of the Dragon (TTD)- May 2018

:bmw: 2018 BMW’s Tame The Tail of the Dragon (TTD) :bmw:​

organized & run by
the K1600 Forum &
BMW LT Community

Stecoah, NC (828.479.3864; http://ironhorsenc.com);
Call NOW for your Reservation!!

0:)Dates: May 3rd (Thursday) to May 6th (Sunday)0:)
Plan for arrival on May 2nd, 2018 (Wensday)

:wink:pre-TTD: Tips/ Instructional Rides:wink:
will be offered
Tuesday afternoon (1st May 2018) & Wensday (2nd May 2018)
Before the TTD Event.

:grin:Group Rides::grin:

Scenic, Couples, Regular & Spirited

(All Experienced Riders are Welcome;
Four Group Rides listed are in
Increased Level of Difficulty of the Mountain Roads Traveled,
Faster Pace, Increased Length, Fewer Stops and
the Greatest Level of Experience Required for Mountain Twisty Riding.)

Sponsor: BMW Motorrad Dealership: Touring Sport of Greenville, SC
( Greenville, South Carolina, BMW, Triumph, Ducati, motorcycle, scooter, dealer, new, used, pre-owned, parts, service, bikes, upstate )

:surprise:2018 TTD Tentative Schedule:surprise:
( All activities, rides, etc. will take place/ depart from, etc. from the IHML)

Tuesday, 1st May; Tips Rides in Afternoon

:smile:Wensday, 2nd May; Tips Rides; Arrival for TTD:smile:

Thursday, 3rd May; Group Rides, Lunch at Pisgah Inn ( Home | Pisgah Inn )

Friday, 4th May; Group Rides; Farkle Friday; Open Free Keg; Cake; 50/50

Saturday, 5th May; Group Rides; Group Photo’s at IHML & Deals Gap Resort; Flee Market; Grand Prize Drawing

:crying:Sunday, 6th May; Departure from TTD:crying:

>:)See You in the Mountains at the TTD in May 2018.>:)

Best,

Doc:tb:tb

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Got my room booked...back on the bike after 6 weeks off

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
My tent site is booked. I asked for and received a rain free site.

Doc, I have been practicing my mountain riding here in flat SW Ontario. Don't expect to see any improvement :)
Paulie,
How much is a tent site? Are there different kinds of tent sites? Can I get one on the ground floor? Are there any that are handicap accessible? Can you park your bike at your tent? Do they have tents for rent?

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Paulie,
How much is a tent site? Are there different kinds of tent sites? Can I get one on the ground floor? Are there any that are handicap accessible? Can you park your bike at your tent? Do they have tents for rent?
Wow - a combination of thoughts all in one post. If only the rest of the forum was like that these days...

Darryl - Many answers you seek here: Camping & RV Sites | Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Paulie,
I thought they charged me $20 per night this year and last year but the reservation says $30 per night for next year.

The only tent sites left are second floor sites but I am sure they will have a cancellation for the main floor sites.

All tent sites have handicap bike parking right next to your tent. This is more important for the second and third story tent sites.

It never rains in Carolina so you can actually go tentless....as long as you don't go commando. Them's the rulz

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I just called IHML to make a reservation - they were down to only efficiency units and one deluxe private room left, which I grabbed. Staying May 2-6. Looking forward to another fun event! Btw, the IHML phone number given in the 1st post is incorrect - should be (828) 479-3864.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

OMG!!!

Contacted the IHML and they said

"We are down to 3 efficiency units (private bathrooms), 8 bunkhouse beds, 8 electrical camp sites, & 3 RV sites."

The Event is 10 months Away!!

Best,

Doc:confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Consider calling to make a reservation & get a room. Even if you do not get the room you desire your name would be 1st on the IHML to move to the room of your preference once/ if it became available. Once, all the rooms are filled then, there would be a waiting list. Those with rooms that desire to switch are given the 1st option after a cancellation to change to their desired room BEFORE the IHML goes down the waiting list of those who have no room assignment. All room assignments are done through the IHML. You cannot cancel your reservation & give your room to someone else. You can switch rooms with someone else if both party's are amenable but, only AFTER the approval of the IHML owners. For any additional questions or clarifications please call the IHML at 828.479.3864. Best,

Doc:tb:tb

·
Registered
538 Posts
As of this past weekend they only have one (1) efficiency unit, a bunk house bed or two and tent camping is still available.

Like Doc said, you can always put your name on the list for whichever room type you are looking for.

1 - 20 of 399 Posts