BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am considering moving back to a GTL or a GT and I'm trying to determine what the market value of the 2018 B is.
3,000 miles, Remus exhaust, all else stock and perfect condition.
NADA says:
Low Retail: $16,329
High Retail: $21,733

KBB says:
Typical Listing price: $19,445
Trade Value: $15,200

I'm seeing on Searchtempest and CycleTrader what individuals and dealers are asking, but no way of knowing what the selling price has been.
Understand each market is different - I have my own ideas, but what do you think a fair price would be?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Aftermarket parts add *very* little to the value. I figure less than 20% of list on the parts no matter how old. I always shoot for wholesale when I buy. In NY, the trade value reduces the tax obligation so I'll often calculate that in, but still work my offers based on wholesale or trade value only.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
If it helps I just purchased a 2018 B, no Remus, for $19,000 with only 1400 miles on it. From experience it's hard to get the top end value from any bike. You stand a better chance of moving it if it is a sought after model. This is a high end bike though and if you wait it out someone, like myself, out there is discerning and will look for a clean low mileage bike and gladly pay the top end of the value range. list it on craigslist locally, Ebay and anywhere else you can list it and be patient.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it helps I just purchased a 2018 B, no Remus, for $19,000 with only 1400 miles on it. From experience it's hard to get the top end value from any bike. You stand a better chance of moving it if it is a sought after model. This is a high end bike though and if you wait it out someone, like myself, out there is discerning and will look for a clean low mileage bike and gladly pay the top end of the value range. list it on craigslist locally, Ebay and anywhere else you can list it and be patient.
Thanks. that's a helpful data point. I typically price things better than fair rather than holding off for top-dollar - and buyers feel they got a good deal (of course there are always the low-ballers who are unrealistic in their offers, but that comes with selling anything)

·
Registered
383 Posts
That's a killer find. It cost that guy roughly $19 a mile to ride that bike.

Msrp $25,200
Tax- 6.25% = $1575
Total $26,775 Ballpark

·
Registered
16 Posts

Msrp $25,200
Tax- 6.25% = $1575
Total $26,775 Ballpark

No. But to know actual cost we’d have to speculate on trade value he got when he traded it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I am considering moving back to a GTL or a GT and I'm trying to determine what the market value of the 2018 B is.
NADA says:

KBB says:

I'm seeing on Searchtempest and CycleTrader what individuals and dealers are asking, but no way of knowing what the selling price has been.
Understand each market is different - I have my own ideas, but what do you think a fair price would be?
Interesting. I have a 2015 GT and I'm considering moving to a GTL or a B. Better for the wife. I would be interested in what you didn't like about the B?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting. I have a 2015 GT and I'm considering moving to a GTL or a B. Better for the wife. I would be interested in what you didn't like about the B?
Loved the B. It was a fun bike and the Remus made a wonderful sound. I had a Corbin saddle with their backrest for the wife, but she found it to hit a little low on her back and didn't give her the feeling of security as either the GTL or the RT did with the top case. The low windscreen on the B also created more wind for her than the GTL or the RT with the standard screen. While I liked the day-cruiser ride of the B (not that you can't tour on it) I find that I'm more of a sport-touring rider and the GT was a better choice for ergos and that type of spirited riding.
If I could have afforded it, I would have kept the B and just added a GT to the stable. Both terrific bikes, but the B was too much of a compromise for those times my wife rode with me. Going with a GA was an option as it provided top case backrest for her, but again my riding style tends to be solo sport touring.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts

Msrp $25,200
Tax- 6.25% = $1575
Total $26,775 Ballpark
Was fortunate that the dealer was aware seller wanted to sell the bike and got us together. The seller had to pay the dealer a brokerage fee on top of that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Code:
NADA says:

KBB says:

Do you want to sell Remus exhaust seperately how much ? please PM me

Thank You

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Code:

Do you want to sell Remus exhaust seperately how much ? please PM me

Thank You

I sold the Remus with the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just purchased an '18 B with 1800 miles. It's loaded with Safety and Premium packages as well as the option 719 forged wheels and a Nav 6. Stock exhaust but about $3,700 in extras (at MSRP) form Wunderlich, Clearwater, Ilium etc.

I paid $15,990 for it. It cost me another $700 to ship it to me, but still well worth it IMO. I was in the market at $18k but stumbled on this one and saved myself some money.

Zach

1 - 16 of 16 Posts