BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrecked 2018 white gtl to 2019 white gtl with 12,700 miles, new tires, Nav XI, highway pegs, new tires, and Corbin Seat with backrest.... $22k will be what it cost me... As long as insurance pays me $22k I am good to go..... could have bought the same bike with only 600 miles for $23k... But none of the above extras.... Service up to date on the bike with 12,700 miles..... I have already given my word to buy the bike with the larger miles on it... so, I am not asking advice on what I should do.... I am asking you guys which bike "YOU" would buy..... and why.... ..and yes, I am healing very well from the accident....

·
Mr.Fix It
7,824 Posts
My ONLY concern with buying used is oil consumption. "If" I could be relatively sure the K with 12,700 miles on it didn't use oil I'd buy it over the other one in a New York minute.

Duane

·
Registered
98 Posts
Even if oil usage bike should be under warranty. So if it goes sideways there is an exit possible.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'd buy the GTL with 12,700 miles also. The NAV VI alone nearly makes up the difference. Plus you got new tires AND new tires!

·
Registered
332 Posts
If you've already made up your mind which bike to buy why ask others opinion on which bike to buy? I would have went with the bike with 600 miles simply because it has significantly less miles than the bike with 12700 miles. The Corbin seat is a nice accessory but only if the stock seat doesn't work for your backside, NAV VI can be had used or even new online for a little over 600 bucks if you search around and with only 600 miles the tires are just as good as new. 2000 bucks is a nice bit of savings but I'd rather spend 2 grand extra and get the bike with the lower miles. Is the low mile bike privately owned or at a dealership, any chance to negotiate the price down a bit? Good luck with the new bike

·
Registered
138 Posts
@Stephen Fortune I've seen the new thread about wanting to add reverse to the 12,000+ bike. Is the one with 600 miles still available? Does it have reverse?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Bummer. Good luck with whatever you decide to do about adding reverse or going on a quest. No 18's or newer on the forum for sale. Cycle Trader may be your best bet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My ONLY concern with buying used is oil consumption. "If" I could be relatively sure the K with 12,700 miles on it didn't use oil I'd buy it over the other one in a New York minute.

Duane
I bought my ‘14 with 23k. No oil usage, or fuel pump leakage. Just did an 800m run, more of the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts