BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2019 GTL (thinking about trading my pre-sale GTL) and I have been searching around trying to determine whether this model has the Hill Start assist feature. I have not found anything definite yet. It is the Polllux Green with the Select package. Can anyone tell me if it has that feature and/or where to find the information? As far as I can tell the BMW Motorrad site only tells us about the 2020 models. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Yep, Prince is shooting you straight.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It has it, and it’s really worth having. In hilly UK I use it every day, and it makes the whole ride more relaxed - by not having to stay tense at every stop.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Naz.

I recently saw a lot of posts about the throttle mapping changes for the K1600 - the suspected reasons, the solution, etc. Now I'm thinking twice about trading my 2012 GTL in for the 2019 I've been looking at.

·
Premium Member
5,677 Posts
A Bren tune to the ECU on a 2018-2020 bike will make it respond like a 2014 bike. Several here on the forum have done it and like it. Kind of sad that you would have to do that (kind of an H-D thing) but whatever it takes to get full use of the engine.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jim. I did see that, and I took a look at the Bren website. I'll figure that into the deal and decide whether the other upgrades and the fun of having a new bike are worth the cost of the 2019 (pretty reasonable I think), the likely mapping improvement, etc. Tough choice, since my 2012 runs well, performs well, and has a few farkles I would have to transfer or purchase again. I wish the temperatures would get out of the teens so I could take one of the newer K16's for a ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts