BMW K1600 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I somewhat reluctantly rescheduled my reservation yesterday. I really wanted to go to this event but I just don't see things turning around this quickly. I hope.... Like Mr Trump that things can get back to normal by Easter but that kind of timeline has NOT happened anywhere else in the world.
My opinion is this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Cases are still growing exponentially daily. The numbers are the numbers. I don't think they are being misrepresented by the press.
As much as I was looking forward to meeting you all at this event.... Don't think this is shaping up to be the year.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
The Tour of Honor state trophies bit just got the axe yesterday...kind of surprised they waited as long as they did, but guess they knew they were going to rattle a few cages...was the right call for that event. Watching for the Minnesota 20/20 Hindsight to get the axe next...

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
As time goes by, I'm less and less happy with this new IHML management. First it's the "new" reservation policy, and now holding our reservations hostage for this year (and not letting us carry them over to 2021).

Any appetite to telling them to screw off and find a different place to hold our gathering?
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
As time goes by, I'm less and less happy with this new IHML management. First it's the "new" reservation policy, and now holding our reservations hostage for this year (and not letting us carry them over to 2021).

Any appetite to telling them to screw off and find a different place to hold our gathering?

Greg,

I am in the process of looking for another location for the 2021 TTD for next year. Will let everyone know where & when. We are a rather large group so, there only a few locations that could accommodate this BMW K1600 Event. The group has been to the Cooperhead lodge in the past. What does everyone think of Blaresville, GA & the Cooperhead Lodge ( Copperhead Lodge – Copperhead Lodge ??

BTW:
Requested the IHML staff take down our banner from the main lodge at the IHML. We actually have 4 there. Hope they will mail/ send them to me. If anyone lives by there, can go & pick up the banners I will pay the postage to have them sent to me.

Best,

Doco_Oo_O

·
Registered
524 Posts
Personally I do not care for Copperhead Lodge. I do not care for how they are set up when it comes to dinning and the fact that any Joe smoe can come in and eat. For me Last year's event at Copperhead Lodge was my first and last visit there. Let's hope that TTD will go on as planned and if not I'm looking forward to seeing Mike and his place on the 4th of July.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
I like the IH but agree with Greg that they are leaving a bad taste.

I will work with them because I really want to come down to the area sometime this year. IF they will move my reservation.

If they are playing hardball with the reservations I will obviously have to take the $600 loss and bad mouth them to the end of time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree with Greg and Paul. Their reservation (full payment 60-days out) and cancellation policy is not good customer service, and only ends up pissing people off and causing bad word of mouth. Things come up (other than a pandemic), and to be out the $ is a hit. Not to mention that IHML is double dipping when in normal cases they would fill the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,396 Posts
I'm not happy with IHML cancellation policy. But I knew the policy when I paid my money a few weeks ago.

a. If the roads are open
b. IHML is open

Carolyn and I will be there

Duane

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
I will wait to see if IHML cancels or is unable to honor my reservation. If that is the case, and at this point, it seems most likely that it is, I would expect that IHML would give me a full refund. If they are able and intend to honor my reservation, I will go if it’s safe or cancel ahead of time and reschedule for a later date this year rather than forfeit my deposit.
I agreed with IHML that if I cancelled, I would forfeit my deposit. We all did. As I see it, it was generous of them to grant me the option to cancel and reschedule rather than forfeit. That is a reasonable compromise as far as I am concerned.
I appreciate that they will sell out on next years dates with or without us. Our event is an annual one. Letting us reschedule to a date next year on this years’ money would not be a reasonable compromise for IMHL nor would it be double dipping unless they were able to fill the place at least halfway on our dates this year. It seems unlikely that they will. In that case, allowing us to reschedule to a date next year would be, to them, one whole weekend plus of prime time revenue in a seasonal business lost- we take no hit. They didn’t cause the present situation and should not bear all the financial loss from it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was unable to go this year. However, there was a law passed that if you made a hotel reservation before 3/7/20 they have to give you back you money. I made a nonrefundable reservation at the Marriott New Orleans and they had to refund my money.
There is a pandemic going on and the responsible thing to do is "social distancing". I think it reflects poorly on IMHL to not refund money in this unprecedented time and I will not stay there in the future

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Greg,

I am in the process of looking for another location for the 2021 TTD for next year. Will let everyone know where & when. We are a rather large group so, there only a few locations that could accommodate this BMW K1600 Event. The group has been to the Cooperhead lodge in the past. What does everyone think of Blaresville, GA & the Cooperhead Lodge ( Copperhead Lodge – Copperhead Lodge ??

BTW:
Requested the IHML staff take down our banner from the main lodge at the IHML. We actually have 4 there. Hope they will mail/ send them to me. If anyone lives by there, can go & pick up the banners I will pay the postage to have them sent to me.

Best,

Doco_Oo_O

Doc,

The wife and I have stayed at Copperhead Lodge several times and like it so we would be in for a K1600 event there.
Here are some other places I thought of...
Fontana Village resort
Switzerland Inn / Diamondback Lodge
Tapoco Lodge
Two Wheels of Suches
Whispering River RV & Cabin Resort > Townsend, TN
Smoky View Cottages and RV Resort > Maggie Valley, NC

Don`t know exactly how large of a group these places can accommodate but just some suggestions that could possibly work!
Chris

·
Registered
467 Posts
Have been to couple events at Fontana Dam. Nice combination of hotel rooms and some cabins. Well run place and obviously smack in the middle of where we ride. One downside is the venue does not have that sit around the campfire feel or general camping look some others have that is plus when trying to interact within a fairly large group.
Maggie Valley spot is also a good one yet does give up of some of the amenities but is strong on the socialization aspect with varied accommodations.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
I do feel for all businesses that are suffering through the pandemic that we are facing, mine included. But, I can't help but wonder if, in addition to keeping all that we have already paid for our reservations, if IHML will also receive disaster benefits from the Fed? If they do, that would appear to be a double dip. Like @Gunnert said, if the IHML is open and the roads are open so I can get there, I will be there. I'd much rather see that happen than any of the multitude of possible scenarios that are we are all conjuring up.

If it does come to play that we are finding a new location, I would like to see a location that has RV sites.

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Had to go up to the hospital today for an Urgent Surgical case. They intubated FIVE folks in ER while I was there. They doctors & staff have no masks or Hazmat suits. They're just aren’t any to be had here. I was never so happy to get out of there. Folks have no idea what we a facing especially, the IHML.

Matt- yes, I will make sure wherever we go they have RV & camping.

Best,
Doc:eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Like @Gunnert said, if the IHML is open and the roads are open so I can get there, I will be there. I'd much rather see that happen than any of the multitude of possible scenarios that are we are all conjuring up.
Unfortunately, even if IHML is indeed open (as stupid as that is), it's becoming more and more likely I will be prevented by DoD policy from attending (nothing but local leave permitted through 11 May) - even if I was inclined to. Looks like I'll have to deal with IHML and attempt to get a refund regardless of what their reservation policy is.

There's about to be a cabin room coming available...

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I have no idea why, but when we recently cancelled our RV spot reservation IHML sent us a full refund via check - no questions asked. I sent them an e-mail telling them my wife had shoulder surgery and we couldn't make it. 2-days later i got a call asking to confirm my mailing address and 2 weeks after that a check for the full amount arrived in the mail...I was expecting to be told to "sell it" or "eat it"...did have to do either for some reason. Now hoping the MOA rally trip stays GREEN GREEN GREEN!! :giggle:

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
We are so far behind the curve, which in this very unfortunate case, is exponential ....

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
We are so far behind the curve, which in this very unfortunate case, is exponential ....
I was so hoping everyone would hunker down and in 3-4 weeks we could start loosening up.

But, that has not happened. It would take a miracle for TTD to happen.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts